Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update to Bad Start
spud912 07:33 PM 07-23-2013
So the parents emailed me their concerns.

They said the reason their child was pushing was because my daughters did not respect her personal space. Just to clarify, her daughter was on top of my indoor slide/climbing structure ..... there is enough space for 3-4 children up there but probably only one child if they were not able to share any space at all. When my daughters tried to get around her to go down the slide, they BOTH would say "excuse me!" Instead, they were pushed several times. She didn't mention how her daughter was hitting the dad....I guess he was violating her personal space bubble too .

Then she was upset that I was unavailable on Sunday night. I guess I didn't get her memo that I should be 100% free and clear all weekend in case she felt like coming over at some point.

So anyway, I responded and told her nicely that we probably aren't the best fit for each other.
daycare 07:41 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
So the parents emailed me their concerns.

They said the reason their child was pushing was because my daughters did not respect her personal space. Just to clarify, her daughter was on top of my indoor slide/climbing structure ..... there is enough space for 3-4 children up there but probably only one child if they were not able to share any space at all. When my daughters tried to get around her to go down the slide, they BOTH would say "excuse me!" Instead, they were pushed several times. She didn't mention how her daughter was hitting the dad....I guess he was violating her personal space bubble too .

Then she was upset that I was unavailable on Sunday night. I guess I didn't get her memo that I should be 100% free and clear all weekend in case she felt like coming over at some point.

So anyway, I responded and told her nicely that we probably aren't the best fit for each other.
wow looks like you dodged a bullet for sure...... I can't stand how some parents can only see that everyone ELSE child does wrong but theirs.....

No beck and call service lady......NEXT
Blackcat31 07:44 PM 07-23-2013
Well, I guess "RUN" can't be spoken any louder now....

Still, I wouldn't feel regretful for considering them up until now.
You were openminded and now thoroughly shown the light.

It's all good. . Hoping the next one is a perfect fit.
Lyss 07:53 PM 07-23-2013
Seems like they would be making excuses for behavior issues down the line. Sounds like its a good thing it didn't work out. Hopefully the next one will be a great family!
countrymom 05:00 AM 07-24-2013
thank goodness you didn't take them. Can you imagine if you did?
wahmof3 05:23 AM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:
thank goodness you didn't take them. Can you imagine if you did?
Exactly what I was thinking
daycarediva 05:45 AM 07-24-2013
Dodged a bullet for sure! There would be an excuse for everything!!
Meeko 06:29 AM 07-24-2013
Her "personal space"? Oh pleeeeease....

So glad you are out of THAT drama!
spud912 07:18 AM 07-24-2013
Yeah I re-read the email and mom had mentioned that she not only encourages her child to protect her personal space but would be upset if someone disciplined her for pushing when the other children violated her space in the first place.

I guess I see things in a different light . I always try to picture if the behavior would be appropriate in adults. Can you imagine on a subway or some other crowded area where your "space" is violated and everyone is pushing each other ?
Cradle2crayons 09:20 AM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by spud912:
Yeah I re-read the email and mom had mentioned that she not only encourages her child to protect her personal space but would be upset if someone disciplined her for pushing when the other children violated her space in the first place.

I guess I see things in a different light . I always try to picture if the behavior would be appropriate in adults. Can you imagine on a subway or some other crowded area where your "space" is violated and everyone is pushing each other ?
And that right there is one HUGE problem with some parents today.

They keep forgetting its not about "respecting their child's space" it's teaching them how to get along in society and learn acceptable behaviors and learn how to get along with other children.

Instead they think telling their kids no will harm them, and are basically teaching their child how to manipulate everyone and everything.
BumbleBee 09:24 AM 07-24-2013
Read: "My child is special and everybody needs to realize it."
Unregistered 10:33 AM 07-24-2013
Amusing logic. So it is not okay for other children to invade her daughter's space even in a peaceful way, but it IS okay for her child to invade another person's space to hit or shove them should she believe her space has been compromised.
Reply Up