Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Parents Don't Provide What The Child Needs
momofboys 06:35 PM 02-01-2010
I'm sure we have all had this happen but I was wondering what you do in response to this. I have one little boy (he's not quite 2) who suffers with excema & gets it on his bottom also (it is not diaper rash). He gets it so bad he will scratch & it will make it so much worse. Their pediatrician has told them to use Aquaphor ointment/lotion to help control it. Mom will bring some for me but when I run out & let her know she is slow to replace it. Last week he had it even worse as he'd had diarehha (per mom) over the weekend & it irritated the problems he was already having. So he was itching like crazy & his bottom was broken out so bad. I told mom 2x I was out that week. I ended up using the store brand of it that I bought for my own son & even though it is a store brand it was still $8 a tube!!!! Anyway, I guess the poitn I am making is if I were the parent & I knew my child had this condition I would be proactive & do all I could to stop it from getting worse. And yes, it may be inconvenient to run out & buy it but I wouldn't let me child go without. I even made a point of telling her I was using my own that I had purchased for my own child & it didn't even make her flinch. I guess I don't get some parents. So what do you do when a child runs out of something & the parent is supposed to provide it? I won;t charge her for what I used although I feel I have a right to, I likely used 1/2 of my tube of Aquaphor on him last week.
Tags:aquaphor, eczema, excema, medicine, steroid cream
Up