Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Implementing the "Bye Bye Outside"

Hello ladies. I have a very challenging and smart 16 month old who is wonderful for me all day. As soon as mom walks in to pick up she acts like satan. Honestly, even at her young age I feel she already knows she is giving mom a hard time. Mom does nothing to change anything. Is this child too young for bye bye outside?
Old 04-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Nope.

Buh-bye outside starts at birth here.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie928 View Post
Hello ladies. I have a very challenging and smart 16 month old who is wonderful for me all day. As soon as mom walks in to pick up she acts like satan. Honestly, even at her young age I feel she already knows she is giving mom a hard time. Mom does nothing to change anything. Is this child too young for bye bye outside?
Nope. It sounds like it has more to do with the parent than the child in this situation.

I would tell mom that in order to avoid the melt down that she needs to text or call when she is on her way for drop off or pick up. You can simply meet her at the door, grab child and go inside. Should take all of about 20 seconds.

Advise mom to say her goodbye's in the car before walking to the door and handing child off to you. If she needs to talk with you about anything, she can communicate via text, call or FB or whatever method you use to communicate with your clients.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Daycare.com Member

Sounds like a plan, Thanks Blackcat
Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Nope.

Buh-bye outside starts at birth here.
It really should be, I agree. I hate the pick ups! Always have🙄
Old 04-23-2019, 10:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh no not too young at all. My 19 month old had to do that when he was about 15 months. Did it for a week and then he started behaving himself again!

Tags
blackcat, buh-bye outside, bye bye outside, changing of the guard, pick up behavior, pick up issues