Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Part-timer
athomemommy 07:56 AM 11-03-2011
I have a part-timer and I am just getting started with my child care program. He comes different days every week. His mom is a nurse. So I can not fill another spot while still caring for him. Do I just stick it with through the school year or do you have any ideas on how to end care. Please help thanks
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 11-03-2011
I have two families who only need care for 3 days a week but the days vary.

I have a policy that states that they MUST pay for the entire week because they want access to the whole week. I understand that they work on a varying schedule, but I don't and since I cannot fill the space around them because their schedule is different every week, THEY need to be the ones to deal with that issue not me.
athomemommy 08:25 AM 11-03-2011
So I do I say that. To them. Do I put in writing or what.
Blackcat31 08:32 AM 11-03-2011
Yep, put it in writting.

Mine says, "For parents who work a varying schedule but want access to the entire week, full time rates will apply."

If they want an explaination, you just tell them that is the only way to guarantee that you will always have space available to them when they need it. Since they do not work a set schedule, it is impossible for you to schedule around them.
Mandy_Jane 08:33 AM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
So I do I say that. To them. Do I put in writing or what.
Don't you have a contract or policies you have your dcps sign? I would add that in to the contract, have her sign it, and tell her what date the new changes go in to effect. EVERYTHING should be in writing when it comes to the rules of your daycare. Verbal contracts are hard to uphold in court. SIGNED, WRITTEN contracts are worth their weight in gold.
athomemommy 08:39 AM 11-03-2011
I am new to this and took them on as "babysitting". And now we are moving toward licensing. Just don't how to say it. I will put in my contract but don't have that yet.
Blackcat31 08:44 AM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
I am new to this and took them on as "babysitting". And now we are moving toward licensing. Just don't how to say it. I will put in my contract but don't have that yet.
You're doing fine... It is a long process to know what needs to be in writing and what you can just do verbally. Sometimes we learn the hard way and sometimes, we learn from other people's mistakes.

I would however, take some time and read as many posts on here about what should and shouldn't be in writing and how to write a policy handbook. A lot of what you put in yours should be outlined by your state's licensing rules.

If you have other questions about writiing up a handbook and/or setting policies, just keep posting here and someone will help you out.

That is why we are all here.....support, advice and help.
Tags:part time care, part time to full time
Reply Up