Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Registration Fee Question
mindi1314 02:01 PM 01-31-2014
I see many daycare's in my area that charge a one time registration fee - they seem to range from $25-$100.

My question is this - what exactly is a registration fee ?
What does it cover or what is this fee used for ?

I don't charge a registration fee but curious if others do and how you explain that to your potential families.

Thanks !
ihop 02:18 PM 01-31-2014
I don't charge one but typically they would cover the cost of paperwork, nap mat, blanket, cubby, craft supplies, insurance increase, etc.

As a provider I can have ten children, but I only have enough supplies for six. If I took on additional children I would have to shell out a large amount of money to get additional supplies. Some providers pass that cost on to the parents with the registration fee.
mindi1314 02:21 PM 01-31-2014
Thank you - that makes perfect sense !
Didn't think of the fact that it might cover nap mat, bedding and start up supplies.
Thank you !
TwinKristi 02:34 PM 01-31-2014
A local daycare charges an annual registration fee of one week's care. She charges $48/day for a FT infant so a reg fee of $240/yr over 2yrs is $45/day so $225/yr!
ihop 03:01 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
A local daycare charges an annual registration fee of one week's care. She charges $48/day for a FT infant so a reg fee of $240/yr over 2yrs is $45/day so $225/yr!
Man! I wish I could get away with that! The rates or fee! People would laugh right out the door
TwinKristi 03:34 PM 01-31-2014
I offer the same range of rates but I have a hard time even getting parents to pay a deposit! I'm really pushing for it with new clients now. No reg fee here though!
daycarediva 04:05 PM 01-31-2014
I have a $100 registration fee. I will also hold a space for up to two weeks with the non refundable registration fee paid. Otherwise, it's not secured.

The interview time, my packet of paperwork in a professionally done folder with magnetic calendar for the annual days off, I purchase new supplies with each child (blanket, pillow, pillowcase, sheet, cubby, toothbrush, toothpaste, art smock, etc)

Never had a parent bat an eye at it, either.
Tags:deposit, deposits, enrollment fees, fee, registration fee
Reply Up