Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Cheque Addressed to Daycare Name?

Dcd brought a cheque, and I didn't look at it until he left, and noticed it is written to the name of my daycare and not to me. I'm guessing I can't cash it? I didn't think I had to specify in my contract to address cheques to me, but I am going to add that in now.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli829 View Post
Dcd brought a cheque, and I didn't look at it until he left, and noticed it is written to the name of my daycare and not to me. I'm guessing I can't cash it? I didn't think I had to specify in my contract to address cheques to me, but I am going to add that in now.
Not in the U.S. (I see your in Canada so I'm not positive) unless you have a business checking account which I'm assuming you don't. I would just call dad and let him know that you need him to re-write one.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Well, I just sign them and deposit them into my account, but that's okay for my bank. I'd ask him to write a new check, just in case.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:17 PM

Pretty sure unless your account has your business name attached to it (even see about adding your Daycare name as an alias to your account?) you can't cash it. I would just ask him to rewrite it.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Well, I just sign them and deposit them into my account, but that's okay for my bank. I'd ask him to write a new check, just in case.
I do the same thing. Never been a problem unless you are using a small local bank. Use the ATM to deposit.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Yeah, I tried cashing a check written to my daycare but because the name isn't on my account I could not and had to have it rewritten to me personally. The banks in my area require a business account and most of them require a minimum balance of $2500 at all times or you get charged fees or they charge for checking and personal accounts they do not. Just opening up I didn't have that much $$$ to start an account so still just have the parents write it to me. Oh, and I had the same bank for over 30 years so its not like they didn't know me.

Tags
check, deposits