Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Providers in Broward County, FL?
slpender 12:21 PM 12-17-2013
My hubby my be transferring for work. Currently we are in the Fort Myers, Fl area I am wondering what the home day care demand is like there also the child care rates. It seems like real estate prices are a bit higher so we are just trying to decide if we will make it if we relocate.

Thanks
Sharon
Laurel 01:34 PM 12-17-2013
Originally Posted by slpender:
My hubby my be transferring for work. Currently we are in the Fort Myers, Fl area I am wondering what the home day care demand is like there also the child care rates. It seems like real estate prices are a bit higher so we are just trying to decide if we will make it if we relocate.

Thanks
Sharon
I am in Broward County.

The daycare demand has been very poor for a very long time. Some areas are slightly better than others. The number of in home daycare providers is about half what it was when I started (about 18 years ago). This according to my inspector and also because for years I was on the board of our Broward Co. Family Child Care Association. We are closing it this year for lack of interest. Some providers south of us may try to continue it or start their own but we gave it up.

My provider friend and I charge $150 a week full time. Another friend charges $160. Some charge slightly more and some less. I'd say $150 is about the average.

You are required to be licensed here unless you only watch one child or two if they are from the same family.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll try to answer them. Sorry the news isn't better. Luckily I am near retirement age. For years business was booming here. Not so now.

Laurel
Reply Up