Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Potty Training: What Is Fair To Expect Them To Do?
bklynparent 07:21 AM 06-13-2011
hello:
Our 2yo girl has spent 5 days with our family potty training and is doing VERY well. She's in underwear but for naps and longer outings, and sometimes tells us whether she needs to go but every 30 minutes or so we try and it seems to work well. She poops in the potty.

The daycare has only her to potty train- the other kids are all older.

What is reasonable here? I want them to support our efforts, and I am wondering what the norm is.

thank you
Blackcat31 10:10 AM 06-13-2011
Here are some other threads/posts in regard to potty training. If you read through some of them, you should get a general idea about what is expected of the child, parents and provider.

I also want to say, good job for taking the initiative and supporting your daughter through this process. It is a tough job and not one you can master without the support of everyone involved in the day to day care of your child.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...potty+training
Cat Herder 12:38 PM 06-13-2011
I'd recommend reading:

https://www.daycare.com/nannyde/pott...to-parents.htm
jen 12:42 PM 06-13-2011
I would just chat with your provider. No matter what anyone else thinks is fair or standard, he or she is bound to have their own policy regarding potty training. Always best to go to the source!
Christian Mother 11:12 PM 07-05-2011
I agree with all the above!!! Wonderful job mom for coaching your little one to be successful!! As a DCP i really love it when the parents take the initiative in training there young ones. When it's time to transition into daycare potty training it just makes the the transition much easy for everyone involved. When talking to your DCP about potty training let them know you've began the process and where your at and how she is doing. Your DCP will help you continue on w/success!! Each DCP has a system that encourages each child to potty training successfully. One thing I would make sure of is that you are both on board completely on training specially when it comes to incentives. One parent I worked with incentive was giving her child a oreo cookie for every pee in the potty. Mind you this child would pee 2 a hr. he was only here 4 hrs so that was 8 pees a day. I wouldn't give him any cookies but stickers as a incentive and when she showed up at the end of the day DCB wanted his cookie. I explained that we do not do cookies here that it creates problems for all the other children there and they need to learn to pee with out a treat each time they pee. She didn't like it nor did DCB but I think she learned that DCB can do it on his own with out cookie incentive.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up