Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Math....
Meeko 12:50 PM 01-08-2018
I have a sweet young DCM who's tuition has been paid in full by the state. Her divorce is now final and the dad has been ordered to pay half of the daycare costs.

I have a one contract per child policy. ONE parent is on the contract and completely responsible for the bill. They can make whatever arrangements they want as to paying each other back and forth, but only one pays me.

DCM and DCD are both fine with this. Dad will pay mom his half. The state are then going to pay the DCM's half.

Seems simple enough, right?

I got a message from the case worker yesterday. She wants to know how much DCM's half will be as my state paperwork and rates online showed only full price.

REALLY!!!! This person is in charge of state money and cannot figure out what half means????

I'm afraid I was a bit snarky and just wrote back
"Half = divide by 2...."
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I have a sweet young DCM who's tuition has been paid in full by the state. Her divorce is now final and the dad has been ordered to pay half of the daycare costs.

I have a one contract per child policy. ONE parent is on the contract and completely responsible for the bill. They can make whatever arrangements they want as to paying each other back and forth, but only one pays me.

DCM and DCD are both fine with this. Dad will pay mom his half. The state are then going to pay the DCM's half.

I got a message from the case worker yesterday. She wants to know how much DCM's half will be as my state paperwork and rates online showed only full price.

REALLY!!!! This person is in charge of state money and cannot figure out what half means????

"Half = divide by 2...."

Must be the cushy job.... sucks every ounce of intelligence from them....
Mom2Two 01:10 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:

"Half = divide by 2...."

Cat Herder 01:33 PM 01-08-2018
Maybe it is because the state will view that each parent has a duty to support their child? She may be required to pay something. Why should only mom get a break if dad is paying his half?

I think there is more to it.
Tags:child support, divorced parents, subsidy
Reply Up