Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 Days Per Week DCK's
Daycare_Mama 09:28 AM 01-07-2011
When a family needs child care only 4 days per week, do you charge them the full-time rate because you can't fill a 1 day only spot?

Or do you charge them the pt rate X 4 days?
MARSTELAC 09:30 AM 01-07-2011
I charge for 5 days, full-time rate.
E Daycare 09:32 AM 01-07-2011
I charge just daily. I have a kid here only Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Not going swimingly really but either way I only charge when they are here. My full timer isnt here today so I only charged for her 4 days. It cramps me sometimes but right now Ill take what I can get. Nothing seems to be consistant lately.
MommyMuffin 09:38 AM 01-07-2011
In my contract I have that anything over 3 days is considered fulltime. I have a friend of my husbands child in my care and they need 4 days a week and she is a single mother and I know she is struggling so I just charge her the 4 days. This is set in the contract though so that if she doesnt need a day she still pays. It is only about $15 less than the full time rate anyways.
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 01-07-2011
4 or more days is full time here too. Sometimes 3 days is also if they require more than an 8 hour day. If they stay at 3 or less days AND less than 8 hours a day they get part time rate
daysofelijah 09:46 AM 01-07-2011
4-5 days = same full-time rate. I had way too many people that were trying to work 10+ hour days so they could get a 4 day daycare discount so I changed it to 4-5 days same rate and they can bring them on the fifth day if they want to (they usually want to ).
momma2girls 09:55 AM 01-07-2011
But you have to be careful, when you charge 4 days full time that they only use 4 days and not 5. I charge $30.00 a day or $140.00 per week.
newtodaycare22 10:03 AM 01-07-2011
My rate is 40/day for part time and 160/week for fulltime...so either way, they pay 160 for 4 days. Essentially, my fulltimers get Friday free
momma2girls 11:05 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
My rate is 40/day for part time and 160/week for fulltime...so either way, they pay 160 for 4 days. Essentially, my fulltimers get Friday free
Do you have any families who want that extra day, because it is essentually free?
SunflowerMama 11:15 AM 01-07-2011
I charge the same part-time rate for 2 or 3 days ($110/week) and full-time rate for 4 or 5 days ($155/week).
Cat Herder 11:33 AM 01-07-2011
Full-time rate.

I will bet you that they will be attending all 5 days within 90 days of enrollment.....any takers?
ammama 11:43 AM 01-07-2011
I have one family who doesn't work that one day, but still brings dcg. They said they were going to keep her home, since mom doesnt' get to spend enough time with her, but most of the time, she's here.
lvt77 11:44 AM 01-07-2011
i charge for 5......but only allow the four days.... what are the chances of filling a one day a week spot especially on a friday....some times writing it down on paper and expaling your loss, always helped me.
Example...a mom wanted more discount.. I really wish I could afford to, however, your child is here 50 hrs per week, after over head and expenses, (i named a few) i showed her that I made only $1.40 an hour. She understood and never asked again.
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Do you have any families who want that extra day, because it is essentually free?
I have two families who pay for the full time rate but only work 4 days. One family comes every single Friday anyways but does pick up at 3 versus their normal pick up time of 5:30 and the other family has NEVER used a Friday the whole 3 years I've had them.
lvt77 12:26 PM 01-07-2011
sorry i also forgot to add, that if they need that 5th day that they will have to follow the drop in care policies. Which includes a 24 hour advance notice...this allows me the option to take a drop in child or not on this day if I can.
AmandasFCC 12:41 PM 01-07-2011
I would charge them only for the 4 days, as long as the days are the same every week. I have a long list of drop-ins who like to hear from me that I could fill that last day with, and similarly I actually do get a lot of calls for people looking for just one day a week.
Preschool/daycare teacher 03:30 PM 01-07-2011
I had a suggestion that I found on someone else's policy (google search) awhile back, but wasn't sure whether I feel it's fair or not. What do you all think of this: 3 days is considered part time, but an extra charge of $x, to add any extra days to their part time schedule. So if a child needs 4 days a week instead of 3, that would bring their total to the full time rate. But then say one week dcm wants them to attend a 5th day, as well. They would then have to pay that extra charge, bringing their bill over the full timers 5 day rate. I can see not wanting to give them a free day (since they'd just want to get it every week, making their new schedule a day extra, since it's free. But is it fair for someone normally scheduled for part time to have to pay more than the full timers do because they needed an extra day or two that week. What do you think?
Tags:charging, charging short week, short week
Reply Up