Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hilarious And Have To Share It!
MamaBear 09:31 AM 02-02-2011
HAHAHA... I cant stop cracking up right now and have to share this with you guys...

One of my dcbs (a little 2 yr old) was playing in the playroom area swinging around this black thing. I thought it was a scarf or a headband at first. I knew it wasn't mine... So I walked over and asked "dcb, what do you have in your hands?" and he responded "I dont know"...

I took it from him to realize it was his mom's black lacy thong!!!!! HAHAHA!!!! I asked him where he found it, and he said it was stuck in the hood of his jacket! It still had the fresh staticky clean feel to it, so she must have just grabbed it out of the dryer. Omg... I needed that laugh!!!

This mom is super conservative and I would never imagine the "thong" type - so this will be hilarious when I give it back to her at pick up today! HAHAHA --- I wonder how many shades of red her face will turn!! Just had to share that with you all
Little People 09:33 AM 02-02-2011
This is to funny!!
E Daycare 09:34 AM 02-02-2011
Hahahahahaha! Thats just awesome. Moms gonna check him every day now Im sure.
dEHmom 09:34 AM 02-02-2011
haha, good one.

I think I would strategically place the thong back in the kids bag, so it would be obvious that you'd seen it.

For future reference, it would be best to use dcb instead of the name of the child.
laundrymom 09:37 AM 02-02-2011
You have to update this afternoon!!!
MamaBear 09:39 AM 02-02-2011
Oh... sorry about that... Is there a section on here that gives all the abbreviations for terms? I wont use kiddo's names again lol

Yes - I'll give an update later about it - hehe
dEHmom 09:47 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Oh... sorry about that... Is there a section on here that gives all the abbreviations for terms? I wont use kiddo's names again lol

Don't be sorry! lol. We try to be careful not to use names on here, so it doesn't bite us in the butt later

dcb = daycare boy
dcg = daycare girl
dcm= daycare mom
dcps = daycare parents

if you are ever unsure just ask

I'm very excited for the update.
I like leaving people to realize when I'm not there that I know something, lol. To me I can giggle longer about it haha. I'm bad I know.
Blackcat31 09:49 AM 02-02-2011

I sometimes use substituted names instead of any abbreviations. For example I will say Katie for a daycare girl who has a "K" name.

IMPO, I see nothing wrong with using names unless you are concerned about someone who knows exactly who you are talking about or if you are saying something in a rant or vent and don't want it to come back and bite you.

Yes, there is a thread for abbreviations...when I first log in the thread is near the top of all posts....or you could search for "acronyms" and the thread is listed under that.
angelpayne24 09:53 AM 02-02-2011
thats too funny!!! can't wait for an update!!!
jenh171 09:56 AM 02-02-2011
omg...that was my first thought too...stick it in the bottom of his bag so mom doesn't have to be completely moritified!
WImom 09:58 AM 02-02-2011
OMG that is too funny. Can't wait to hear out pick goes today.
DCMomOf3 10:00 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
haha, good one.

I think I would strategically place the thong back in the kids bag, so it would be obvious that you'd seen it.

For future reference, it would be best to use dcb instead of the name of the child.
I would too. I couldn't do that to my moms. Have them be embrassed in the safety of their own home.
Sunny Day 10:00 AM 02-02-2011
BA HA HA HA HA! That is the best! Please post what happens at pick up! I love it!!!
mickey2 10:11 AM 02-02-2011
haha, good one.

Originally Posted by jenh171:
omg...that was my first thought too...stick it in the bottom of his bag so mom doesn't have to be completely moritified!

OMG you two are soooo much nicer than me! LOL jk.

I am not sure what I would do, it would depend on who the mom is I think.

I have one dcg she has been with me the longest and her mom is a riot! I don't think anything would embarrass her at all! Her I would really have fun with as she is that just type of person. LOL

This IS too funny though and I can't wait to hear what you do!
littlemonkeys 11:00 AM 02-02-2011
OMG!!!! LMAO!!! This is too funny!!!

Can't wait for an update!!

Reminds me of a time my friends husband went to work with his wife's thong by accident and found it on the floor and was trying to blame his employees... later, after he confronted his female employees, he found out it was his wifes. Needless to say, he was very embarrassed.
JENNL49 11:13 AM 02-02-2011
Hahaha....Thats great!
QualiTcare 11:13 AM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I sometimes use substituted names instead of any abbreviations. For example I will say Katie for a daycare girl who has a "K" name.

IMPO, I see nothing wrong with using names unless you are concerned about someone who knows exactly who you are talking about or if you are saying something in a rant or vent and don't want it to come back and bite you.

Yes, there is a thread for abbreviations...when I first log in the thread is near the top of all posts....or you could search for "acronyms" and the thread is listed under that.
i don't see anything wrong with using names unless you ever have or think you ever will vent - oh, wait - that's pretty much everyone!

seriously, if someone suspects they know who you are - they're gonna look at ALL your posts more than likely.

as far as the thong - i think i would put it in his bag or just ditch them even so she doesn't think anyone saw it. i'm sure she'd rather lose a thong than be confronted with it.
lvt77 11:23 AM 02-02-2011
OMG so funny.... ROFL...take pics of her face at pick up...Now that would be a priceless commerical...

I had a super embarrassing thing happen to me a few months back. I did my laundry during nap time and I thought I had it all put away. One of my DCD came to get his kid and as he was walking out he tripped up on something that was caught around his foot/ankle... He looks down detached it from his foot looks at it for a second and then hands it to me saying I think these belong to you... It was my super **** date night only thong.OMG I still can’t look this dad in the face when I talk to him.
Luna 12:57 PM 02-02-2011
Since it was stuck in his hood, maybe you could put it on his head and act like you thought it was a hat? JK!!!

Poor Mom! Honestly, I would leave it in his bag and not say anything
MamaBear 04:08 PM 02-02-2011
So the mom just picked him up and I handed her the little brown bag with her thong I told her how her little guy was swinging it around and how he had it on his forehead when I realized what it was. Shes a funny mom & I knew she'd think it was funny. If she was one of my other daycare moms who are super serious & stuffy, I probably wouldnt have handed it to her. We were both laughing so hard.

Her first question was "It wasn't my grannie panties, was it??" hahaha Then she looked in the bag and said "well at least it was my cute undies" hahaha

The whole time the little guy was saying "Mommy, dont bring that here anymore, okay mommy?!" lol It's always nice to have a good laugh like that!
WImom 04:16 PM 02-02-2011
Too funny! I love parents with a sense of humor!
momatheart 04:31 PM 02-02-2011
OMG too funny. I so needed this laugh.
countrymom 05:02 PM 02-02-2011
that is so funny, I have moms who you could hand it too and they would have not be embarressed.
Michael 05:05 PM 02-02-2011

We have a page for acronyms: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...hlight=acronym
Michael 05:06 PM 02-02-2011
haha, good one.

Changed it to dcb, thanks.
cillybean83 05:16 PM 02-02-2011
that's awesome...i love it when parents have a good sense of humor
Mrs.Ky 05:23 PM 02-02-2011
What a great laugh thanks for that
SilverSabre25 05:28 PM 02-02-2011
So the mom just picked him up and I handed her the little brown bag with her thong I told her how her little guy was swinging it around and how he had it on his forehead when I realized what it was. Shes a funny mom & I knew she'd think it was funny. If she was one of my other daycare moms who are super serious & stuffy, I probably wouldnt have handed it to her. We were both laughing so hard.

Her first question was "It wasn't my grannie panties, was it??" hahaha Then she looked in the bag and said "well at least it was my cute undies" hahaha

The whole time the little guy was saying "Mommy, dont bring that here anymore, okay mommy?!" lol It's always nice to have a good laugh like that!
hahahahaha awesome. At least she was able to laugh about it!! Love daycare parents with a sense of humor.
dEHmom 07:06 AM 02-03-2011
first chance I got to come back and check the update!

Glad to hear it was a good laugh. I've been lucky, so far I haven't had any stuffy parents. Can't wait for something like this to happen! hahahaha
missnikki 07:33 AM 02-03-2011
All I would be thinking is, "Thank goodness they were clean!" (That goes for both as the mom and as the provider!)
littlemonkeys 07:35 AM 02-03-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
All I would be thinking is, "Thank goodness they were clean!" (That goes for both as the mom and as the provider!)
Seriously right?
Tags:funny
Reply Up