Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Curriculum/Activities
kcnjason 08:54 PM 06-02-2011
I am looking for ideas of what to do with my kids during the summer. We do a lot of the usual, playing outside, small pool, walks, ect. what I am looking for is ideas on how you may plan your day for the summer? I still like to keep on a schedule and have them do some learning but nothing as deep as following a regular preschool curriculum during the school year. I seem to run out of ideas of what to do with the kids every day. Some people have mentioned to do different activities every day....ex....Mon~blocks, Tues~ puzzles, Wed~ cut and paste, Thurs~ Craft project, Friday~Playdough.....
Would you send your ideas my way about what you do with your daycare during the summer? What kind of curriculum do you follow? What is your schedule? What activities do you do with them, other than the typical holiday crafts....I feel like I should do something organized with them every day but they need to play like kids as well.
sharlan 09:34 PM 06-02-2011
I'm setting up a table for inside and a table for outside, changing each daily.

Inside - Duplos and Mega Blocks, Lincoln Logs, felt boards, puzzles and tangrams, ink pads and stamps

Outside - sand table, water table, balls and sticky mitts, playdough, paint

My tentative schedule for M, W, & F, will be for the 3 younger ones to be fed, dressed, and teeth brushed by 9. We'll do about an hour of desk work. About 10, we'll head out front to ride bikes or go for a long walk. They can do either the indoor or outdoor activities with the 15 yo, while I get lunch. After lunch, the youngest one will head down for a nap and I'll do a little more one on one schoolwork with the 4 & 5 yo. They'll have free play until the youngest gets up, then we'll head out back to play or go swimming.

On T we'll take an outing to a zoo, park, amusement or water park, or museum. Th's are generally saved for the beach.

Things are subject to change as Mom #1 will be off most Mon's and all Fri's. Mom #2 will be off all Fri's and all of July.
melissa ann 04:44 AM 06-03-2011
Here is my plans for the summer:
Monday: picnic day. we will have a picnic lunch either in the yard or at the picnic tables at a church a block away. There is also a playground.
Tuesday: Story and craft hour at local library.
and curriculum
Wednesday: curriculum
Thursday: curriculum
Friday: neighborhood nature walk.

I'm sending out the schedule to the parents today. Hopefully, everyone will agree to let their child participate. I already walk the kids to the bus stop so I don't see any problems with my plans.
Plus each day will be a color day(in accordance with the curriculum.)
Monday: purple
Tuesday: red
Wednesday: Yellow
Thursday: Orange
Friday: Green
Tags:summer curriculum
Reply Up