Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annoyed, quick vent, then I'm dropping it and enjoying my day
CraftyMom 06:01 AM 06-17-2014
Last week we were supposed to have a field trip to pick strawberries. The weather has been crazy and the berries were not ripe yet so I rescheduled until today. Everyone was well aware and said yay! I only have 2 dck's right now plus my son until school gets out next week. Got a text this morning dcb is staying home with severe diaper rash (this boy rarely gets a rash and never stays home even when sick. I have never had a kid stay out due to rash so it must me pretty bad or there is something else they are not telling me)

We are supposed to leave at 9. Dcg normally arrives at 8:25. At 8:45 mom texts me that she is staying home today and will keep dcg home.

Now I'm down to just my son, which is good, I can spend time with him, so YAYYY!!

Then mom texts and says she doesn't want dcg to miss the field trip, what time are we leaving? And she will join us too. It is now 8:55. I tell her we are leaving now. Since I have no dck's I will be enjoying the day with my son, have a great day!

Grrrrrrrrrr! I'm annoyed that I planned this trip twice and no one is here

I am happy because it worked out good that I can spend time with my little guy!
Onetiredmom 06:20 AM 06-17-2014
Enjoy your day!
NightOwl 06:47 AM 06-17-2014
Happy day!! So fun!
TickleMonster 06:47 AM 06-17-2014
It worked out for the best. Hope your dcks feel better and I'm sure your ds enjoyed the special time out with you!
Crazy8 06:59 AM 06-17-2014
Enjoy the day with your son!!!
melilley 07:03 AM 06-17-2014
Lucky! Have fun!
taylorw1210 07:25 AM 06-17-2014
What a happy surprise getting to spend the entire day with just your kiddo!
Shell 07:31 AM 06-17-2014
We went strawberry picking on Saturday - it was so awesome. Would you mind pm'ing me where you go? I wonder if you travel out this far or if I am missing out on a great place?!
Reply Up