Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crash n' Derby in the driveway again!
crazydaycarelady 09:31 AM 01-29-2015
We have had the gate up and running since the fall and it has been working fabulously. The battery for the opener was dying so we got a new one and were charging it up, consequently the gate was open. Now, it has been made pretty clear that parents are to park on the street but with the gate open some sped right in the driveway. One of the dcmoms that came in the driveway backed out and rammed one of the dads who parked in the street this morning.

THIS is why we have the gate! Are these people not the worst drivers ever?
Leigh 10:06 AM 01-29-2015
You should have given out certificates for driving lessons at Christmas time!
melilley 10:11 AM 01-29-2015
Are you kidding me?!
I just don't get it.
butterfly 10:16 AM 01-29-2015

daycarediva 10:18 AM 01-29-2015
OH MY!! It never ends over there!!!
TheGoodLife 10:50 AM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
We have had the gate up and running since the fall and it has been working fabulously. The battery for the opener was dying so we got a new one and were charging it up, consequently the gate was open. Now, it has been made pretty clear that parents are to park on the street but with the gate open some sped right in the driveway. One of the dcmoms that came in the driveway backed out and rammed one of the dads who parked in the street this morning.

THIS is why we have the gate! Are these people not the worst drivers ever?
At least it wasn't YOUR property this time... but sad for the DCD who was parking where he was supposed to I sure hope you brought or do bring up the fact that she wasn't supposed to be there in your driveway in the first place- you have some very disrespectful families, that stinks!
AuntTami 11:01 AM 01-29-2015
MY GOSH! I've SEEN the pictures you've posted of the gate and your set up, ITS NOT THAT CONFUSING! What in the heck are these people thinking? You've got some seriously disrespectful parents, my heavens! I have a parent that parks down half a block from my house because pick up time is usually so congested since I live IN town, and on a main road, that she took it upon herself to become one less car in the mess!
Shell 12:03 PM 01-29-2015
Wow time to hire a police officer to direct traffic at drop off and pick up
crazydaycarelady 02:14 PM 01-29-2015
Seriously! I just want a drive through window!
sharlan 02:23 PM 01-29-2015
I think I would buy some of those spike strips that the police use.

Throw them out in the morning before the parents come again in the afternoon.
KiddieCahoots 05:30 PM 01-29-2015
I can only imagine what point level their auto insurance is at, and what they pay to stay on the road
Reply Up