Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Week 3 of being open, and closing tomorrow for illness
Pepperth 05:31 PM 01-29-2015
Well, my daycare has been open for about three weeks and I have to close tomorrow due to a stomach bug that's been going around my family. I had it last Saturday, so the timing there was pretty good. My son had a slight fever earlier today. I had him watching t.v. in my bedroom this afternoon. Just now, he got sick all over the place. I only have two daycare families right now. I knew they both had good back-up for tomorrow so I decided just to call it and spend the day disinfecting the house. I hate doing that so quickly after opening the daycare. My family rarely gets sick. I really don't want to give the daycare families the impression that this will happen regularly.
KiddieCahoots 05:44 PM 01-29-2015
Illness happens, and like you said, your families have good back up for tomorrow.
It's good for them to see you making an effort to control the virus with taking the time to disinfect.
I kinda look at the situation like the beginning of the school yr.
That is when my son and daughter come home with every germ under the sun. Then as the yr goes on, things settle down, their immune systems adjust, and they are less ill. Maybe your family and daycare is in a similar adjustment.
Hang in there, this will pass.
Reply Up