Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hiring Own Child...Sample Contract
frugalmama4 09:16 AM 03-12-2013
GM,

Does anyone have a contract they use for their own child/ren...that I may sample? I'm a little stuck on what/how to write this up.

Thanks in advance.
rmc20021 09:21 AM 03-12-2013
I'd be interested as well. I have my 16 yo grandson who lives with me that I'd like to 'hire' for the summer. He will be 17 in July and he's really good with little kids, but I'd have him do more of the cleaning and other things that takes away from my time with the kids.

Any other suggestions would be helpful as well...
butterfly 12:50 PM 03-12-2013
Here's mine:

Job Description for Child Care Assistant
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Sanitizing toys weekly, cleaning daycare area before children's arrival in the morning and after departure in teh evening, vacuuming daycare area, helping prepare and serve meals, assist children with proper hygiene before meals (hand washing), wipe the children's hands and faces after meals, clearing the table and washing dishes after meals, reading to the children, playing with the children, assist the children with shoes and coats when going outdoors,

The job requires a minimum of 3 hours per week at a rate of $5 per hour.

I then have a signature line for both my child and myself to sign and date.

I also have a binder that I keep track of the hours worked in. Basically it's a calendar that I write the in/out times on. I pay monthly and have my child sign that he recieved the payment on that date. I also record how I make the payment (check, money put in his 529 account, cash, etc.)

I just started this in January, but so far it's working out wonderfully!!
MNMum 01:43 PM 03-12-2013
How old does your child have to be to "hire" them? Do you have to do payroll taxes for them? Is there a minimum wage for your own child?
butterfly 02:48 PM 03-12-2013
You do not have to deduct payroll taxes for your own children under 18. (but can claim their pay as a deduction on your taxes.) I don't believe there is any set minimum age, but it must be reasonable. No one would believe your 1 year old is working, etc. Your pay/hours must be reasonable as well.
Reply Up