Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thinking I Am Going to Have a No Babies Rule
sahm2three 01:04 PM 10-04-2010
Yeah, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work! Holy cow! They are the reason nap time doesn't work AT ALL. Ugh. Really frustrated today! Colicky boy doesn't sleep but about 15 to 20 minutes all day long, and I struggle to keep him quiet so he doesn't wake the others. The 22 month old is now climbing out of his pack n play, so I am trying a mat and I spent the entire nap time running from screaming baby to the 22month old trying to keep him lying down. Calgon?!
momma2girls 04:36 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Yeah, they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work! Holy cow! They are the reason nap time doesn't work AT ALL. Ugh. Really frustrated today! Colicky boy doesn't sleep but about 15 to 20 minutes all day long, and I struggle to keep him quiet so he doesn't wake the others. The 22 month old is now climbing out of his pack n play, so I am trying a mat and I spent the entire nap time running from screaming baby to the 22month old trying to keep him lying down. Calgon?!
I have been thinking about the same thing!! At least take 12 months and over or maybe 6 months and older. I have had seperation anxiety, stranger anxiety, and many colicky babies thoroughout the yrs. and boy it is tough all around. Even if you are the sanest person in the world!!! I have a baby right now that only sleeps 15 min. and wakes up screaming all the time. He is 3 months old!!! UGH!!!! I know the colic doesn't stick around forever, but boy it is tough!!!
melskids 05:39 PM 10-04-2010
now see, i totally prefer the 2 and under crew.

i'll trade you for 3 unruly backtalkin' bratty schoolagers
momma2girls 05:42 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
now see, i totally prefer the 2 and under crew.

i'll trade you for 3 unruly backtalkin' bratty schoolagers
I will trade you for good schoolagers!!! HA!!!
melskids 05:44 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
I will trade you for good schoolagers!!! HA!!!
if i could find good schoolagers, then i wouldnt need to trade them!!! LOL
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 05:55 PM 10-04-2010
Ill trade one 3 yr old, two half ok schoolagers for all your babies! lol I love the babies!
momma2girls 06:02 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
Ill trade one 3 yr old, two half ok schoolagers for all your babies! lol I love the babies!
I love babies so much if they are good babies and not anxiety ones or colicky ones!!!! I will trade you all for good babies!! My own were all so good!!!
sahm2three 07:35 PM 10-04-2010
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com:
I LOVE babies too! But I have a colicky 6 month old, a HUGE non sleeping, wanting to be held 9 month old, and a not quite two year old escape artist. So, if anyone has any well behaved toddlers or quiet sleepy babies, I will trade! LOL!
boysx5 03:15 AM 10-05-2010
the younger the beter for me as well I will never do school agers again in fact I can hardly stand my own five boys at times and I don't get paid for them so all around its no good
DCMom 04:52 AM 10-05-2010
I love the babies, too! School age kids...not so much. Even the ones who have been here SINCE they were babies become awful once they go to school.

I'm not taking school age anymore ~ give me the under 5 set, hands down!
missnikki 07:24 AM 10-05-2010
I'm crazy then, because I am sitting in a room with 8 kids right now-
1 kinder
1 first grade
1 second
1 3rd
1 7th
3 8th

And they are all playing 'UNO" and squeezed me out. They are laughing so hard I can hardly think, and it is one of my favorite sounds.
Live and Learn 07:32 AM 10-05-2010
Funny because I have a no SA rule!
I prefer under 4.
sahm2three 07:49 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Funny because I have a no SA rule!
I prefer under 4.
I don't want school agers either! LOL! Give me ages 2 to 4! Or non-colicky babies at this point!
DancingQueen 09:18 AM 10-05-2010
I'd give anything to be able to send my own school ager to another daycare eeek!
broncomom1973 10:30 AM 10-05-2010
I sold all of my baby stuff to prevent myself from ever giving in and taking a baby again, lol. Swing- gone, jumperoo- gone, exercauser- gone, walker- gone. I saved 1 carry along swing and a few bibs for an emergency (good thing since my sister is unexpectedly pg). I much prefer the 12 mos+. The screaming babies make me want to scream, lol.
momma2girls 10:55 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by broncomom1973:
I sold all of my baby stuff to prevent myself from ever giving in and taking a baby again, lol. Swing- gone, jumperoo- gone, exercauser- gone, walker- gone. I saved 1 carry along swing and a few bibs for an emergency (good thing since my sister is unexpectedly pg). I much prefer the 12 mos+. The screaming babies make me want to scream, lol.
I am with you!!! There is such a great need for infant and newborn care where I live. I have a huge waiting list for this all the time!!!
broncomom1973 12:00 PM 10-05-2010
Yeah, there is a huge need for infant care here, but I want none of it, lol. I have an opening and I am holding out for a 2+ year old girl. At this point, I will only take a girl (I want my 3 year old daughter to have another girl to play with instead of the rowdy boys I take care of). So, no infants, and no boys. I guess you could say I am being picky!!
melskids 01:04 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by sbschildcare:
I'd give anything to be able to send my own school ager to another daycare eeek!
i second that!!!!!
tenderhearts 02:26 PM 10-05-2010
My almost 9 mo old dcb started that whole thing of the second you put him down he starts crying, it is tough. I finally kind of read up on it a bit and it says it's very common from about 8 mo for about 2-4 mo (all kids are different) but it's an anxiety issue, they now realize that when something diasappears it may not come back, they say to just reassure them it's ok and continue with whatever you need to, YES that is hard. Thank goodness my almost 5 yr old LOVES the babies and he will sit there and make the 9 mo old laugh and it usually stops the crying so I'll say hey Justin can you go over and make Dylan laugh. Works most of the time.
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by broncomom1973:
Me too! I got rid of everything! I only take kids age 18 mos and older. Babies are waaaay too much work. they dictate the day and if they aren't happy, no one is! I have a friend who does child care too and she loves the babies and I love the 2-5 yr olds. She takes them til 2 yrs then sends them to me whenever possible and I give her all the babies. I used to feel bad being a child care provider and not really enjoying the babies, but I decided to be honest with myself and now I enjoy my job 110% more with no babies. There are several provider's in my area that do the same and do not accept anyone under 2. They are full all the time, so it works I guess. To each his own.
momma2girls 02:27 PM 10-07-2010
It wouldn't be so bad, if all of the babies you receive, are the good ones- ha!! I think having colicy, seperation anxiety and stranger anxiety ones really ruin the whole baby thing, and there is so much stress with a baby that cries all day long- ughh!!!!
Tags:infant care
Reply Up