Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>i have seen it all
BentleysBands 03:15 AM 11-03-2010
in all my years, today marked an 'I'VE SEEN IT ALL MOMENT'

mom brings in dcg who is COMPLETELY DAY (wears diaper at night) potty trained IN a diaper...says 'R, wouldnt let me put on her panties' ....so i say, R needs to wear panties. I'm not changing a 3 yr old whos potty trained. she trys and trys to put her panties on as dcg is screaming....which also sets off her brother AND my already screamer baby, who was actually happy at the moment.....

WHO is the parent now a days?? parent or child??
Luna 03:27 AM 11-03-2010
I get this happening too. We just take the diaper off right away and put on panties, sometimes while Mom is still standing there telling me her story. She did send panties I hope?!?!?
mrs.meg 04:47 AM 11-03-2010
Children are definitely parents nowadays! It doesn't surprise me a bit! I am amazed that 2 and 3 year old children will already show signs of "control issues", the almost 3 year old I watch always pees or poops in his pants when he doesn't get his way and is not controlling what we do. I had to get mom to bring him in pull-ups so he didn't ruin my furniture!
missnikki 07:25 AM 11-03-2010
WOW. Just wow. Be prepared for some 'accidents' from that girl...sounds like the classic power struggle.
Get out the plastic furniture covers.
BentleysBands 07:35 AM 11-03-2010
i had to change girl into her panties mom brought....she pitched a fit and its been hell around here all day. mom called to check on her and i told her how its been...she suggest just putting her back into the diaper...told her no and that was that...some parents!
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 08:07 AM 11-03-2010
Good for you!!! I had one bring in a big stack of leapad type things today,.. mom says, she wont come in without it,.. I said ok, thanks have a great day,... and took them from child, (16 months today!!!) took off her coat and plopped her int he playroom. Mom just gasped. she fussed for about 10 seconds and moved on. mom walked out flabbergasted.
missnikki 08:26 AM 11-03-2010
Sometimes, parents need to wear "Big Girl Panties'. (The moms, anyway.) When a parent gets mad at me for making their child upset, I tell them "If I'm not running the show now, then what did you hire me for?"
SilverSabre25 09:15 AM 11-03-2010
That's what I thought this morning when DCM handed me a package of grape scented "Boogie Wipes" to wipe her son's nose with...

now, while I can see the value of using wet, soft wipes instead of tissues, especially on an already raw nose, his is not raw NOR do I see the point of having the wipes be grape scented.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:16 AM 11-03-2010
oh and bently,.. dont say youve seen it all,... or someone will top this one,... lol
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:17 AM 11-03-2010
I mean that as,.. one of your parents will top this parent,..lol. just when you cant possibly think of a dumber thing,... they come in with it. lol
Live and Learn 09:37 AM 11-03-2010
Is this the same three year old who is potty training while still using a binky?!...
Luna 09:42 AM 11-03-2010
Grape scented boogie wipes?!?!! Well now I've heard everything lol!
I have a 2 1/2 year old who showed up holding a MacDonald's bag one day. Dad told me she insisted on MacDonald's breakfast (she forced him to drive there, order, open his wallet & fork out cash) and please don't give her juice anymore, there's too much sugar in it.
Reply Up