Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Promote Your Child Care Business?
rhondawarren 06:01 AM 03-27-2012
Good Morning Everyone,

In what ways have you found to be best for promoting your Child Care Business??
daycare 06:10 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Good Morning Everyone,

In what ways have you found to be best for promoting your Child Care Business??
1. building a website
2. volunteering in my community and spreading word of mouth
3. participate in city functions, such as children's festivals, preschool expos and etc
4. Post to every free site that will advertise your business
5. Google adwords
6. Craigs list

Of all of those, being in the community has gotten me more exposure than anything else. I volunteer about once a week for 2-3 hours and I love it. I get my me time in, adult conversation, meet new people and make friends. Mostly, I get to feel good about being a member of my community.

I am a firm believer that it takes a community to raise and child and therefor that is where I go to be seen, heard and known.
Meeko 07:09 AM 03-27-2012
Listing in the yellow pages. Phone rings daily with inquiries. I stay full all the time. No effort.
familyschoolcare 07:12 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Listing in the yellow pages. Phone rings daily with inquiries. I stay full all the time. No effort.
Does it cost a lot?
Meeko 08:47 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
Does it cost a lot?
Just went up to $17.98 a month. Well worth it and it's a deductible business expense! I only list with DEX as their's is the main phone book and is EVERYWHERE. The "local" phone books are not as good value or get the same circulation.

I even get calls from out of state from people who are coming here to school or work as DEX is online.

Sometimes my phone rings TOO much!!! But it's a small price to pay for not having to worry about filling spaces. If I do have an opening, I get to interview several families and chose which ones to take. Before listing in the yellow pages, I wasn't in a position to be picky as I needed the money and felt I had to take whoever came my way. I'm glad those stressful days are gone. I wish I had listed a loooong time ago.
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:08 AM 03-27-2012
I have done all of these things at the same time and they all have worked for me.

Post an ad on kijiji.

Make a sign for your front house with the name and number.

Advertise in the local newspaper.

Make flyers ( little posters) and put them in all of the neighbourhood grocerey stores and gas stations and little corner stores. Make sure you have permission first.

Go to your neighbourhood park and people will ask if they are all yours! Say no and tell them what you do and carry a pen and paper to leave your number.

Get to know your neighbours very well. Word of mouth works wonders!
karen 11:00 AM 03-27-2012
I have also made business cards and always have a handful on me at all times. When I go into a coffee shop, grocery store, drug store, and any other place that has a community board I put them up.
Vistaprint has great prices and soooooooo easy!
DaisyMamma 08:34 AM 03-28-2012
I have a web site and im listed on all the free web sites and on search engines local business (so, say you live near me and go to Google.com and type daycare I'm listed right there)
A ton of my calls come from Craigslist.
rhondawarren 08:58 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
I have done all of these things at the same time and they all have worked for me.

Post an ad on kijiji.

Make flyers ( little posters) and put them in all of the neighbourhood grocerey stores and gas stations and little corner stores. Make sure you have permission first.

Go to your neighbourhood park and people will ask if they are all yours! Say no and tell them what you do and carry a pen and paper to leave your number.

Awesome Thanks!! I use craigslist already. But thought maybe if there were sites I was missing or something
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:08 AM 03-28-2012
[quote=rhondawarren;212425]Awesome Thanks!! I use craigslist already. But thought maybe if there were sites I was missing or something [/QUOT

Kijiji has worked the best for me. And it's free!
rhondawarren 09:26 AM 03-28-2012
[quote=mrsp'slilpeeps;212431]
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Awesome Thanks!! I use craigslist already. But thought maybe if there were sites I was missing or something [/QUOT

Kijiji has worked the best for me. And it's free!
You talking about ebay classifieds?
saved4always 11:49 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:

Post an ad on kijiji.

Is that "kijiji" ebay classifieds? Is that totally free? I am trying to put our soon to open learning center anywhere I can find for free cuz there is no advertising budget.
Tags:promoting
Reply Up