Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Donations Please!! Crazy Request On Facebook
small_steps 07:33 AM 07-20-2012
On our local facebook buy, sell or give away page yesterday someone posted "for a friend" that their daycare was in need of donations. This lady had asked for lawn mowers, a van, toys, dvd players, cubbies, diapers, pull ups, anything and everything to furnish not only her daycare but her whole house. She probably listed 100+ items on there.

She also promised to give them a "big" tax write off if they did donate.
I'm sorry and I know some will disagree with me but I can't stand people like thisl This lady has moved her daycare many times and isn't even from our town now but a neighboring town. She charges $50 more per week than I do and she wants donations from us? I'm just so frustrated with people like that. There' s nothing wrong with asking for help but let's just furnish your entire home now. I wish that I could have copied the post and pasted it here so you could see what I mean but I guess she deleted it. I wasn't the only one who spoke up. I also didn't realize you could give tax write offs to people who donate to your daycare. I thought you had to be non profit but I'm not so sure about that. I appreciate any toy donations from my parents but I don't think I would ever go out and ask for the items this lady did. I don't even ask for toy donations just have been offered toys by some of my parents.
small_steps 08:01 AM 07-20-2012
Turns out this lady isn't registered or anything in the town she says she is from. I don't even know if she is operating illegally or just says she is operating. Sounds like a big scam.
Childminder 08:13 AM 07-20-2012
I agree with you, she's pretty ballsy to say the least.
Hunni Bee 11:55 AM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by small_steps:
Turns out this lady isn't registered or anything in the town she says she is from. I don't even know if she is operating illegally or just says she is operating. Sounds like a big scam.
I'd seriously leave a comment on her page saying this. People shouldn't be allowed to do this
Kiki 12:34 PM 07-20-2012
I've used Freecycle before for donations for my day care, but small things like empty coffee cans, crafting scraps, or old shirts to use for painting/messy activities. I'd never dare ask for big things!
Reply Up