Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rotation Stations (Great for School-agers!)
Joyfulnoise 07:53 AM 07-27-2020
So I wish I would have come across this idea earlier in the summer! I actually found it on thisreadingmama.com & it works great! I started using it about 2 weeks ago and the kids love it. I created 6 stations with detailed directions for each. Things like coloring, creative writing w/stamps, vox books w/earphones, playdoh, legos/blocks, etc. I keep everything together in one bag and bring out the bags at the designated time. Kids are assigned specific stations and stay at each one for 20 minutes at a time. This takes up an hour of our day as we do 3 stations per day. This is the first thing I've seen the sa kids actually sit and focus on. They actually ask to do these stations every day and its an hour of calm and quiet for me. haha Just thought I'd share for those of us looking for creative ideas to entertain our school age kiddos!
Cat Herder 07:59 AM 07-27-2020
Classroom centers

That is how I have run for over 10 years. It works well. Allows for separation, easy rotation of toys and emergent curriculum.
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Classroom centers

That is how I have run for over 10 years. It works well. Allows for separation, easy rotation of toys and emergent curriculum.
Same here!! It makes managing a bigger group by yourself super easy and definitely helps keep the kids engaged!
Tags:block corner, centers, centers - dress up, centers - play area, dramatic play center, infant play space, play centers, rotation stations, science/discovery centers, stations
Reply Up