Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CL ad just rubs me the wrong way
BumbleBee 08:58 PM 09-02-2012
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/kid/3245005978.html

I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but I think it puts out a bad rap for child care providers. I know I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but a simple spell check and a little punctuation can go a long way. I feel like we are fighting an uphill battle because many people look at us a 'babysitters.'
dave4him 05:10 AM 09-03-2012
Wow now that is just sad
Snapdragon 05:53 AM 09-03-2012
That is sad, but you get people from all walks of life who don't always present a professional image. What is a "rucker" anyway?
SilverSabre25 06:57 AM 09-03-2012
Originally Posted by Snapdragon:
That is sad, but you get people from all walks of life who don't always present a professional image. What is a "rucker" anyway?
a trucker, I think.
Kaddidle Care 07:07 AM 09-03-2012
Wow! Could that be posted through a cell phone to make it like that?
jen 07:47 AM 09-03-2012
English may not be this persons first language...
MrsSteinel'sHouse 08:20 AM 09-03-2012
I thought maybe it was Rucker like a family name???
That is sad.
rbmom 08:30 AM 09-03-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/kid/3245005978.html

I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but I think it puts out a bad rap for child care providers. I know I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but a simple spell check and a little punctuation can go a long way. I feel like we are fighting an uphill battle because many people look at us a 'babysitters.'
That is very unprofessional!
And I really hate when people call me a "babysitter"!
Former Teacher 11:51 AM 09-03-2012
Originally Posted by jen:
English may not be this persons first language...
True it may not be however this IS the USA, where the primary language is English.

I agree with the OP. It rubs me the wrong way as well. At least have the decency to use auto correct or something.
Ariana 01:49 PM 09-03-2012
Yes I see this all the time on my community FB page. It's pretty sad and perpetuates the stereotype that DCP's are uneducated morons
BumbleBee 03:28 PM 09-03-2012
Yeah, I thought English may not have been their first language. When I lived in Mexico & had to write something for somebody, I would always ask someone who understood the language better than I did to read it over. 99 percent of the time it had to be rewritten.

As for typing on a cell phone, almost every post I've written on the forum and certainly every ad I've posted online has been written on my cell. I don't have internet access in my home for my computer.

Again, not trying to be mean, it just rubbed me the wrong way. For what it's worth, I cleaned it up and sent a friendly e-mail to the ad poster with the cleaned up version.
Reply Up