Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Daycare.com Member

The 16month old who has been having a rough go of it has been so much more relaxed the last two days. After a month in attendance I was beginning to wonder if he was every going to figure out how to sooth himself. Life is so much better without a screaming siren in the house.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live and Learn View Post
The 16month old who has been having a rough go of it has been so much more relaxed the last two days. After a month in attendance I was beginning to wonder if he was every going to figure out how to sooth himself. Life is so much better without a screaming siren in the house.
Yay! Congratulations! Life is so wonderful when they finally adjust.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

I changed dcb's naptime (who was on a morning nap, almost 2yo, and never shared a nap room with any other dck) to be the same as everyone else's because *I* felt he was ready...and he is doing GREAT with his new time and roomies. DCM looked a little shocked but is going to be changing naptime on the weekends to mine.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:05 PM

Ooo, I love it when the parents trust that we know what we're doing and are making a good choice for their kids! Congrats! When I started trying to switch a 15 month old (who was fighting her morning nap like a wildcat) to one nap a day, her mom flipped on me. They're no longer with me, thank goodness...the mom was awfully uptight! I have a much more laid back group of parents now (with one notable exception!) and it's much easier.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Passed Inspection Today!!!

I Passed Inspection Today!!! Now I just wait for my license to come in the mail. I really have no idea how long that will take, but at least its one step further!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daycare View Post
I Passed Inspection Today!!! Now I just wait for my license to come in the mail. I really have no idea how long that will take, but at least its one step further!!!
One step at a time we can climb the tallest mountain. Congratulations!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I'm in Illinois, too, and got a letter from my licensing rep just a couple of days after my renewal visit, with the license itself just a few days after that. It was for a renewal, though, not an initial license. Hopefully it won't take too long. Congratulations!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
One step at a time we can climb the tallest mountain. Congratulations!
Thank You!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
I'm in Illinois, too, and got a letter from my licensing rep just a couple of days after my renewal visit, with the license itself just a few days after that. It was for a renewal, though, not an initial license. Hopefully it won't take too long. Congratulations!
Wow! That's quick! My rep just left me a voicemail today and said that I should be getting a letter from her and then the license about 2 weeks later. So, maybe it is the same process as a renewal.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Celebrating Daily!

I got new rugs for free
My kids napped really well
Almost everyone ate a good lunch
I got a bunch of cookies from a client
I finished a book
Old 10-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Daycare.com Member

Well I am done with kids today and tomorrow I leave for a week long cruise. Yay for me!! Oh I so need this break.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 PM

I'm going on a cruise to Cozumel next week. Where are you cruising to?
Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Times when you feel like you are truly appreciated!

Two things happened this week that made me glad I am doing what I am doing! First, the foster baby I am watching's OT person called me yesterday to tell me how amazing they thought I was and how she could tell how much I love my dck's and just wishes I were doing daycare when her kids were little! I thought that was so touching and made me feel great. Secondly, I got a call this morning from one of my daycare boys who wanted to tell me that he drew a picture of me and wanted to ask me how to spell my name so he can bring it to me on Monday. Of course dcm could have spelled it but she wanted to make sure I knew he was thinking of me on the weekend and before he got off the phone with me he told me he loved me! AHHHH!!! THIS is what makes me LOVE what I do!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 PM

whooo hooo! I love this!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2three View Post
Two things happened this week that made me glad I am doing what I am doing! First, the foster baby I am watching's OT person called me yesterday to tell me how amazing they thought I was and how she could tell how much I love my dck's and just wishes I were doing daycare when her kids were little! I thought that was so touching and made me feel great. Secondly, I got a call this morning from one of my daycare boys who wanted to tell me that he drew a picture of me and wanted to ask me how to spell my name so he can bring it to me on Monday. Of course dcm could have spelled it but she wanted to make sure I knew he was thinking of me on the weekend and before he got off the phone with me he told me he loved me! AHHHH!!! THIS is what makes me LOVE what I do!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 AM

Default New day friend!!!!!

my phone beeps at 4 am this morning with a picture of my newest 7 pound 13 ounce 20 inch long 10 minute old day friend,.... I fell instantly in love and am going to hold her as soon as I get off work!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com View Post
my phone beeps at 4 am this morning with a picture of my newest 7 pound 13 ounce 20 inch long 10 minute old day friend,.... I fell instantly in love and am going to hold her as soon as I get off work!!!!
Aw. Tickle her little feet for us...
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM

tears fell from my eyes when I held her,.... I love her.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM

mmMMmm, squishy new babies. Love them. I want one...

I got a new DCB today...and am now full! For the first time! Well, kind of--there's one more kid who's starting in December or January and then I'll be full. But, I get to quit advertising because I have the maximum number of kids I can take! I'm so excited--just in time for the holidays and we're actually going to be making enough money again to not only get by comfortably, but THRIVE and maybe pay down some of our credit cards!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Family Childcare Home

I have an interview today, yay! It's for a 3yo girl. I'm hoping that everything goes well this afternoon (interview is at 4pm). Met with dad and he seems very nice and like he has everything together so today I will meet potential DCG and see how we mesh. At 4pm today all of the kids are here so I'm praying that no one fights, yells, whines or cries. I've already gotten the dough, coloring books and crayons, and lincoln logs prepared so that all I have to do is set them out right before 4pm so that my DCK's can hopefully keep themselves occupied. I am also going to fill all of their cups with water and put out a tray of grapes for them so that they don't start with the "I'M THIRSTY!! I'M HUNGRY" bit as soon as my interview shows up .

I'm praying that it's long-term, full-time, set schedule, and that his last DC checks out ok. 4 out of 4 is a long shot I know but I can dream can't I?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 AM

Newest DCB started this morning. He seems like a very sweet and well-behaved little guy and he and my DD are getting along very well so far! The only thing I'm not so thrilled about is having to get up at 6 or 6:15 AM (blech...I am NOT a morning person!). He is settling in perfectly and didn't even cry when his dad left. He wants to play all the active crazy games my DD likes to play, and things are louder than usual, but at the same time, calmer because there's not much fighting.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I'm praying that it's long-term, full-time, set schedule, and that his last DC checks out ok. 4 out of 4 is a long shot I know but I can dream can't I?
Should have been added in here yesterday but I just didn't have time so I will add it today. So my interview went well yesterday. They start Friday!! I can't believe how lucky I got. It is deffinetely long-term, full-time, AND set schedule. The only thing that I havn't verified is his last DC provider, I left a message yesterday and havn't gotten a call back.

This 3rd interview (I do a phone interview, 2nd interview with parent and then a 3rd "interview" is more like a play date to see how the child meshes with us) went really well. I thought the guy was her dad but apparently he is her uncle, but I'll still refer to him as DCD, and has custody of her. She is the cutest thing and very polite and soft-spoken. DCD was worried because she was unhappy at her last DC. She came in and looked around on her own while DCD and I chatted a bit and observed and it didn't take long for DD to invite her to play, which she accepted. They stayed for about 30 minutes and she didn't want to leave. He was impressed, he said that at the other DC she couldn't wait to leave even if he stayed for a bit. He loved that she immediately felt comfortable and wanted to stay.

I'm not too concerned about not getting a hold of his old DCP. I asked why he was leaving her and he mentioned a few things that concerned me. Apparently she is licensed but has her sister living with her so she watches 6 kids (including my new little girl) and her nieces on top of that. Here in CA our limit is 6 including our own kids/family members so she apparently is over capacity frequently. She also doesn't drive, doesn't take the kids outside often, doesn't have a program (kids play and watch TV all day), and the last straw was when he picked her up a few times and her training diaper was soaked through to her skirt. WHen I first sat down with him he told me after that he was really interested and would give his 2-week notice, that was 2-weeks ago from tomorrow. Apparently she was not too happy and she's been a little cold with him. Tomorrow will be the little girls last day at her other DC and then she'll come here on Fri. She was happy to hear that and said she didn't want to go to the "other lady" and wanted to stay here. It made me feel good.

This means that I now have 2 full-timers, 1 part-timer (tues-thurs), my daughter and a drop-in. I'm also due next month which leaves me with only spot left to fill. I'm thinking that I'll keep advertising for it and if I fill it and my DCM that throws her fits gives me more grief, I can give her a 2-weeks notice. All of the kids were here yesterday except the drop-in during the interview/play date and they all played very well so Im blessed to see that this could very well be a good group, too bad I have a nutty DCM lol.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Should have been added in here yesterday but I just didn't have time so I will add it today. So my interview went well yesterday. They start Friday!! I can't believe how lucky I got. It is deffinetely long-term, full-time, AND set schedule. The only thing that I havn't verified is his last DC provider, I left a message yesterday and havn't gotten a call back.

This 3rd interview (I do a phone interview, 2nd interview with parent and then a 3rd "interview" is more like a play date to see how the child meshes with us) went really well. I thought the guy was her dad but apparently he is her uncle, but I'll still refer to him as DCD, and has custody of her. She is the cutest thing and very polite and soft-spoken. DCD was worried because she was unhappy at her last DC. She came in and looked around on her own while DCD and I chatted a bit and observed and it didn't take long for DD to invite her to play, which she accepted. They stayed for about 30 minutes and she didn't want to leave. He was impressed, he said that at the other DC she couldn't wait to leave even if he stayed for a bit. He loved that she immediately felt comfortable and wanted to stay.

I'm not too concerned about not getting a hold of his old DCP. I asked why he was leaving her and he mentioned a few things that concerned me. Apparently she is licensed but has her sister living with her so she watches 6 kids (including my new little girl) and her nieces on top of that. Here in CA our limit is 6 including our own kids/family members so she apparently is over capacity frequently. She also doesn't drive, doesn't take the kids outside often, doesn't have a program (kids play and watch TV all day), and the last straw was when he picked her up a few times and her training diaper was soaked through to her skirt. WHen I first sat down with him he told me after that he was really interested and would give his 2-week notice, that was 2-weeks ago from tomorrow. Apparently she was not too happy and she's been a little cold with him. Tomorrow will be the little girls last day at her other DC and then she'll come here on Fri. She was happy to hear that and said she didn't want to go to the "other lady" and wanted to stay here. It made me feel good.

This means that I now have 2 full-timers, 1 part-timer (tues-thurs), my daughter and a drop-in. I'm also due next month which leaves me with only spot left to fill. I'm thinking that I'll keep advertising for it and if I fill it and my DCM that throws her fits gives me more grief, I can give her a 2-weeks notice. All of the kids were here yesterday except the drop-in during the interview/play date and they all played very well so Im blessed to see that this could very well be a good group, too bad I have a nutty DCM lol.
That is wonderful! I am happy for you and the girl. It makes me smile that she is being taken out of a daycare where it sounds like she doesnt get much attention or interaction! Congrats!!

I have something positive...I signed up my first infant yesterday, due in Feb!! I cant wait!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Im so happy for you!!!!!!!

Quote:

Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 AM

My newest daycare baby is here! It's a girl, but we already knew that...no details of course, because dad called to let me know big sister wasn't coming. I'm sure mom with call later will call with all the details.

I love babies
Old 10-07-2010, 09:08 AM

whooo hoooo!!!! Congrats!!!!! when you see her give her sweet baby snuggles. =-)
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM

Default not daycare,.. but POSITIVE

my uncle and cousin are back on american soil,.... home from iraq. home yesterday! I cant stop crying,... =-)
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundryduchess@yahoo.com View Post
my uncle and cousin are back on american soil,.... home from iraq. home yesterday! I cant stop crying,... =-)
i know how you feel, my daughter was there twice-the relief when they come home is like the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders! Tell them "thank you" for their work on behalf of us!
Old 10-07-2010, 12:56 PM

I got the daycare some new blocks and the kids are LOVING them!!! All of them! I got two bags of them and they were worth every penny!!!! Littles and Bigs were playing in harmony with them today! Well, until a Little knocked down a Bigs house! LOL! Oh, just in case someone is interested in what blocks, here they are: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4110373

Last edited by Michael; 10-07-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Family Childcare Home

New 3yo DCG started this morning. She is an absolute doll! She just turned 3 but has an excellent personality and mabbers?! Say what?? A 3yo with manners?? lol. She practically pushed uncle out my front door and told him to go to work lol. She'll be here monday through Friday 6am-4:30pm and uncle is very punctual. I LOVE IT!! He also paid for today, gave his 2 week deposit AND paid for 2 weeks in advance! Maybe I'll give him a break in price if he holds a class for my other DCP's lol. Especially my wacky DCM .
Old 10-08-2010, 08:34 AM

so glad for you!!!!! I love when parents are on board!!!

Quote:
New 3yo DCG started this morning. She is an absolute doll! She just turned 3 but has an excellent personality and mabbers?! Say what?? A 3yo with manners?? lol. She practically pushed uncle out my front door and told him to go to work lol. She'll be here monday through Friday 6am-4:30pm and uncle is very punctual. I LOVE IT!! He also paid for today, gave his 2 week deposit AND paid for 2 weeks in advance! Maybe I'll give him a break in price if he holds a class for my other DCP's lol. Especially my wacky DCM .
Old 10-08-2010, 03:07 PM

Had a GREAT day today!!! My problem children/family was gone, and it was so peaceful and quiet!!! We did some fun crafts and played outside! It was a GREAT day!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Family Childcare Home

It's Sunday morning and I still woke up both days this weekend at 5:30 in the AM lol. I guess I'm just used to my Daycare schedule. Well at least I'll get a lot of stuff done today!! Yay!

Yesterday was great. Went to an Infant/Toddler Learning & Development training and met a lot of really nice ladies. I enjoyed the training (can't wait until part II next month) and it gave me lots of new ideas, information and opened my eyes just a little more on how I can handle group activities with my entire group. The book we used for the training was great but we didn't get to keep it but were told we could buy hardcopy of it for $20 or download it from the California Dept. of Education website. I checked and the PDF is free!! If it's for free then it's for me. Funny how it's the little things that make me happy .
Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It's Sunday morning and I still woke up both days this weekend at 5:30 in the AM lol. I guess I'm just used to my Daycare schedule. Well at least I'll get a lot of stuff done today!! Yay!

Yesterday was great. Went to an Infant/Toddler Learning & Development training and met a lot of really nice ladies. I enjoyed the training (can't wait until part II next month) and it gave me lots of new ideas, information and opened my eyes just a little more on how I can handle group activities with my entire group. The book we used for the training was great but we didn't get to keep it but were told we could buy hardcopy of it for $20 or download it from the California Dept. of Education website. I checked and the PDF is free!! If it's for free then it's for me. Funny how it's the little things that make me happy .
Is it the "California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Foundations?" If it is, I have several new copies....I'd be happy to mail you one. I totally prefer hard copy over pdf......I'd never be able to read it all on the computer! lol!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Is it the "California Infant/Toddler Learning and Development Foundations?" If it is, I have several new copies....I'd be happy to mail you one. I totally prefer hard copy over pdf......I'd never be able to read it all on the computer! lol!
Yes it is! Oh that would be wonderful!! I'm the same way and prefer a hardcopy so that I can take it with me and flip back and forth but with the way things are at the moment, every penny counts KWIM. I was going to start reading it PDF style and then eventually order it but it looks like it's my lucky day.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 AM

I'll send it out today.

Yes, I like to be able to carry it around, earmark pages, highlight stuff, etc. Can't do that stuff on the computer.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 AM

I got the nicest note this morning from a family that I had many years ago. It had pictures of their kids with it. Their daughter, who is now in high school, going to homecoming, and the only accessory she chose to wear with her dress was the bracelet that I gave her to remember me by when she left for school, and then one of their son (three years younger than sis), with his best friend, who I also had in care here at the same time, hanging out together. I cared for all three of the kids from birth until they went to school. These types of things make me remember why I love this business!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 AM

warm and fuzzy way to start my naptime break,.. thanks!!! =-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
I got the nicest note this morning from a family that I had many years ago. It had pictures of their kids with it. Their daughter, who is now in high school, going to homecoming, and the only accessory she chose to wear with her dress was the bracelet that I gave her to remember me by when she left for school, and then one of their son (three years younger than sis), with his best friend, who I also had in care here at the same time, hanging out together. I cared for all three of the kids from birth until they went to school. These types of things make me remember why I love this business!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Family Childcare~Idaho

I have a full daycare today....God is good and Im sooo thankful for the provision that walks through my front door everyday. Took a year to get my daycare up off the ground but it is going well and Im sooo thankful.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Family Childcare Home

I just received the CA Infant/Toddler Learning & Development Foundations book that Crystal sent me out of the kindness of her heart and I'm so excited. The ladies at the training next month are going to be so jelous because I have my own copy lol okay maybe not but I'm still excited. I'm planning to sit down right now and get a good read. Yay for me.

Also, kind of not DC related but maybe just a little bit, I checked my bank account and was surprised to see that I have more money than I should have. Upon further inspection I realized that I received a child support payment for my daughter from her dad (hasn't made a payment in a very long time but that's a vent for a different forum ) which means that I have free'd up money that I don't have to spend on my daughter meaning I have back-up money and I can for sure register for classes regardless of whether or not I make it on the stipend project! Yay! Child Development classes here I come!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Im so happy for you!!! on both accounts!

Quote:
I just received the CA Infant/Toddler Learning & Development Foundations book that Crystal sent me out of the kindness of her heart and I'm so excited. The ladies at the training next month are going to be so jelous because I have my own copy lol okay maybe not but I'm still excited. I'm planning to sit down right now and get a good read. Yay for me.

Also, kind of not DC related but maybe just a little bit, I checked my bank account and was surprised to see that I have more money than I should have. Upon further inspection I realized that I received a child support payment for my daughter from her dad (hasn't made a payment in a very long time but that's a vent for a different forum ) which means that I have free'd up money that I don't have to spend on my daughter meaning I have back-up money and I can for sure register for classes regardless of whether or not I make it on the stipend project! Yay! Child Development classes here I come!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:

LOL on the others being jealous. I should have sent you a few more.....didn't think about that.

Cool on the $. I'm glad you will be able to take your classes for sure.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Just received my first "bonus" payment from the T.E.A.C.H. grant I got when I enrolled in college. It is a grant that pays FCC providers as an incentive to further their educations. I earned a 4.0 GPA last semester with 4 classes (all while still doing child care full time!) so T.E.A.C.H. paid me $300! They also paid for books, substitute care and travel expenses for the sememster!

I also signed a new full time dcg who's parents paid me for 1 month in advance! (I only require 1 week in advance). Both her parents are Olympic medal winners! Dad is American and mom is Chech (sp?) and the little girl is bi-lingual so that is sort of neat, especially because she is only 18 months old.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

My daughter knocked over my Cetus Desk Lamp[/url] but it didn't break! It the small things that count right? She is going through a slightly destructive phase and when things are still intact after she is done with it, I consider that a win!

Last edited by Blackcat31; 11-14-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
LOL on the others being jealous. I should have sent you a few more.....didn't think about that.
You know if you have them just laying around and don't need them I'd be glad to send you some $ to cover the shipping for any you could spare and spread the love at the training. I'm sure they'd be very appreciative.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

My daughter finally got over her cold! I got so worried, but she just need rest. Now she is bouncing all over the walls
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm taking a mini vacation this week. DH and I are leaving Wednesday night and heading to Baltimore to visit my best friend who just moved there a few weeks ago! I have never been anywhere on the northern coast besides NYC. Pretty excited to visit the Chespeake Bay. We are suppose to have pretty good weather even though a bit chilly!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

In the vent thread I posted how I am done with DC due to screeming DCG. I emailed afew cover letters & resumes this weekend & I got a call already!! I have an interview set up on Monday for a secretary job at the college! I am so excited. I thought it would take atleast a week to hear back from anyone.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
You know if you have them just laying around and don't need them I'd be glad to send you some $ to cover the shipping for any you could spare and spread the love at the training. I'm sure they'd be very appreciative.
I'll send some this weekend. No worries about shipping.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Daycare Member

I'm so excited!

A couple of times each year I have "Alumni Nite" where kids that have grown-up in my daycare are invited back to spend an evening with me and their old daycare friends. I just got my last RSVP back and I'll have #8 of my cherished alumni with me for the evening - spookie Halloween theme dinner at my home and then out to the corn maze for flashlight nite with a bon-fore and smores! The best part is that two of the kids that will be joining us this time are now sophomores in high school!

I always tell my clients how much it means to me when my daycare kids *want* to be here when they don't *have* to be!

I just LOVE it that they still want to come back and spend some time with me and some of the kids they grew-up here with

Can't wait till Friday nite!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 AM

Pammie!!! awesome!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Yesterday was my birthday and one of the dcm showed up with a card and then this morning she called me and asked if I could come over with the kids for a playdate (her daughter was not scheduled today) and while we were there she surprised me with a cake and had the kids sing happy birthday. It was a great surprise and really made my day.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 PM

Happy Belated Birthday. Thanks for the post.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 AM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

we have been struggling to find out what has been wrong w/our 6yr old son ...we were told it could have been Leukemia well, after many days and sleepless nights googling I found a possible diagnose!! went back to the doctor yesterday afternoon with info in hand , demanded a particular blood test and bam! he has Fifths Disease...something that is so common in children/esp. elementary kids.....this morning i had a mom bring in a special cookie cake just for my son!!! i thought that was the sweestest thing!! he's been in so much pain w/his joints lately and the bad rash but seeing his smile was priceless
Old 10-20-2010, 05:18 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wow, that's pretty awesome Bentley. I'm very glad it isn't Leukemia and hopefully it's something that the doctor's can help him with his pain.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Family Childcare Home

Yes Bentley, that's great that you finally know what it is that's wrong with him and that it's not Leukemia. That's great news right there! The bad news is that there isn't much they can give him except for medicines that will make him comfortable since it's viral and not bacterial . Keep an eye out for the other kiddos he's come into contact with. It's not contagious once the rash appears, only before the rash but you can never be to careful. Hope he feels better and hope that you feel alot better too after you went on your little emotional roller coaster ... they told you it could be Leukemia for goodness sakes and he has something that feels like having the flu .
Old 10-20-2010, 07:42 AM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

thanks guys, the ped. and dermatologist had no clue what he had and referred us to an immuniologist in hear he had cancer....sometimes i think i should have been a peditrician....whats real scary is i have a preggo mom and this is deadly or can be very serious in unborn babies....scary stuff!! def. watcing the other kids in care!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM

I have been really been working hard with all the kids to clean up as they finish with toys and things before starting a new activity. Not only are my 1yo's helping but my 3yo son (who seriously has energy for 3 kids all the time) is starting to harness his energy and is focusing better. So my daycare space is almost always picked up now AND the kids are acting calmer.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Today my 4 year old dc boy had a sad look on his face as he entered my daycare this morning so I got down on my knees and say "Johnny" (not his real name) "you look so sad today what's wrong?". He looks up at me with this big pitiful look on his face and says "mommy won't let me play with the toys under her bed... Wide eyed I look at his mom who is looking pretty shocked and embarrassed at this point. She immediately speaks up and says "Little Johnny wouldn't stop playing with his toys last night before bedtime so I took them away and placed them under my bed" We both giggled at this misunderstanding while Little Johnny looked on ...puzzled.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrastreasures View Post
Today my 4 year old dc boy had a sad look on his face as he entered my daycare this morning so I got down on my knees and say "Johnny" (not his real name) "you look so sad today what's wrong?". He looks up at me with this big pitiful look on his face and says "mommy won't let me play with the toys under her bed... Wide eyed I look at his mom who is looking pretty shocked and embarrassed at this point. She immediately speaks up and says "Little Johnny wouldn't stop playing with his toys last night before bedtime so I took them away and placed them under my bed" We both giggled at this misunderstanding while Little Johnny looked on ...puzzled.
Oh my!!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:02 AM

I needed this righty now, Im catching up on the days news,.... and I just read a disturbing report and needed to restore my faith in people. This made me giggle,... Please everyone post some good news today. I need it.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Got it!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM

positive thread of thursday,..... its almost time for them to go home. lol. Been a long day here. lol
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Celebrating Daily!

My 3 yr old was telling me he's going to his mom's wedding. (She really is getting married in about a year) I asked if he as excited and he said yes. I asked what he's going to wear and he replied "Um, I think I'll go as a cowboy!" Me: "Really?" Him: "Yes. And I'll wear a cowboy hat and boots. Yeah it'll be fun."
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM

I had my first prenatal appointment today and due to my bizarre past couple of months, they got me in for a dating ultrasound today. We got to see my little peanut wiggling around, heart beating great, baby is 8 weeks along. I'm due around Memorial Day. We're very excited and seeing the little heart beating was so nice, so relieving to know for sure that everything is all right and to know how far along I am!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 AM

I'm closing early today so my family can go to a Dr. Suess production at the Children's Theater! I'm so pumped!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 AM

Today we are having an early Halloween party since two of my dck's fly out of state tomorrow to be their daddy for two months. SO MUCH FUN! I love this time of year! I think I'm just as excited about it as the kiddos!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Family Childcare Home

Wow, lots of trips out today. Today is our Halloween party and so the kiddos all get to come dressed up. We are going my DD's school for the carnival and then we're coming back for our own celebration. We're so excited. So far I have a princess and a purple fairy. Later the Doctor will arrive and so will a storm trooper. We're making pudding and other snacks, so the kids are asking me every 2 seconds if it's time yet .
Old 10-22-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Wow, lots of trips out today. Today is our Halloween party and so the kiddos all get to come dressed up. We are going my DD's school for the carnival and then we're coming back for our own celebration. We're so excited. So far I have a princess and a purple fairy. Later the Doctor will arrive and so will a storm trooper. We're making pudding and other snacks, so the kids are asking me every 2 seconds if it's time yet .
When you say, the Doctor, do you mean Doctor Who? Because if you do, that is SO AWESOME.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
So cute! Today I have Spiderman, Batman, Snow White, a soldier, and later we'll have Anakin Skywalker, a scary ghost & another Spiderman!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a phone interview at 1:00 for a admin assistant position!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaboy View Post
I have a phone interview at 1:00 for a admin assistant position!
Wow, that's great! Hope it goes well!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 AM

Good luck!!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 AM

Good luck tymaboy!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Child Care Provider

Default I'm finally back!

I've been gone for awhile because I got married! I've been back at daycare for a week now and already got sick 8(, but I'm looking forward to being back at home and getting things organized again and keep up with daycare things. So sad that winter is now going to hit, time to stay inside for the winter months soon. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back, but I sure miss Florida. We went to Sea World twice, Epcot (Sugar Ray played!), and the Magic Kingdom. We also spent a day driving around Florida and went to Cocoa Beach. We'll for sure re-visit again sometime in the future.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
I've been gone for awhile because I got married! I've been back at daycare for a week now and already got sick 8(, but I'm looking forward to being back at home and getting things organized again and keep up with daycare things. So sad that winter is now going to hit, time to stay inside for the winter months soon. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm back, but I sure miss Florida. We went to Sea World twice, Epcot (Sugar Ray played!), and the Magic Kingdom. We also spent a day driving around Florida and went to Cocoa Beach. We'll for sure re-visit again sometime in the future.
Congratulations to you and your new hubba-hubba! I was married two yrs ago (Feb) and was running a fever of 101 that day. BUMMER CITY. Best of life and love!!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:19 AM

My 2.5 hour re-licensing visit is over! Whew ~ don't have to do that again for another two years

I don't know why I get so stressed over it ~ my licensing worker is really nice ~ but still, I'm glad it's done!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM

I have the afternoon off!! For the first time since July!

And, 2 out of 3 of my dck's have left for two months... they are coming back the week before Christmas!! I am looking forward to only having 1 dck besides my own kids... though I know I will miss them!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 AM

We have a Power Rangers play camera that spouts off various sayings from the show. One is "It's Morphin time!" (in the show the characters then morph into their animal spirit. My DS is playing with it, looks at me and says "Mom! It's Morphine time!"
Old 10-29-2010, 05:18 AM

Friday! It's Friday! Whoo hoo!!

Easy day today--one DCB until 10, then just DCB and DCG and my own DD until lunch when another DCG arrives in time to eat and go straight down for nap...and everyone gets picked up shortly after naptime!

Plus, my best friend is coming in to town today and is staying with me this weekend.

My DD's b-day party is tomorrow and I'm going to have a blast decorating her birthday cake tonight (she asked for pink cake with purple frosting in the shape of an elephant...mmm, challenge!)
Old 10-29-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Friday! It's Friday! Whoo hoo!!

Easy day today--one DCB until 10, then just DCB and DCG and my own DD until lunch when another DCG arrives in time to eat and go straight down for nap...and everyone gets picked up shortly after naptime!

Plus, my best friend is coming in to town today and is staying with me this weekend.

My DD's b-day party is tomorrow and I'm going to have a blast decorating her birthday cake tonight (she asked for pink cake with purple frosting in the shape of an elephant...mmm, challenge!)
I guess I'm bored- I googled 'elephant shaped cakes' and this one came up:

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...nt-cake-9.html

It's not the best one but it is pretty cute and funny!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnikki View Post
I guess I'm bored- I googled 'elephant shaped cakes' and this one came up:

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...nt-cake-9.html

It's not the best one but it is pretty cute and funny!
Yeah, I've seen that one. It is cute. I'm doing this one though: http://www.easy-birthday-cakes.com/elephant-cake.html

partly because I'm a glutton for punishment and I like a good decorating challenge.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:24 AM

My good things for today:

It's Friday, and there's a 4 day weekend coming up!

We're having a halloween "party" today, and everyone is excited.

DCM that has been late paying all month PAID ON TIME today!!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM
*DAYCARE PROVIDER*

My good thing for today is my DH got off early to help with our party and pumpkin carving and tonight we get to go out to eat
Old 10-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

I am all set to open Monday!! I am very excited but so nervous. I can barely keep up with MY 2 year old!! You all give me inspiration though!
So happy to be opening and after weeks of hearing nothing I just got a call for an infant spot!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:40 PM

It's November! The craziest month of the year, and yet, my favorite! Along with holiday preparations, I push myself to the limit by attempting NaNoWriMo--a crazy challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in only 30 days. I've tried it five times, won it once, and this is the first year that I don't have to cope with full-time college courses as well (or a newborn). I feel like I"m a shoo-in to succeed this year...thank goodness for laptops!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 AM

EASY day today! Only a 12 mo until 12:30, then it's him and a 16 month until 4:15...and in that four hours is lunch and naps! Ah...it's as good as a day off!
Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Family Childcare Home

A friend of ours that lives in Nevada sent us a gift for the baby in the mail. I opened it and was surprised to see that they sent the baby two lullaby CD's ... renditions of Metallica and Beatles songs . I popped them in the player and the kiddos have lstened to them all day today lol. They all love the music. The renditions are all the same music but turned into soft lullaby music with no words. We've had it on as background music all day. Made the day kind of relaxing. It's been great.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:26 AM

I recieved a call and an email yesterday letting me know that I have been accepted into Pacific Oaks College!!! I will start in January. I can choose to accept Credit For Life Experience (up to 30 units), skipping my Bachelor's Degree and going straight into my Master's Degree program. I will specialize in teaching adults, so that I may teach at the college level when I complete the program. The college is located in Pasadena, but they are starting a cohort program at a college here in January. I will attend Saturday and Sunday from 9-5, 1 weekend every three weeks. In between classes is when I will do the assignments and some on-line stuff as well. It is a two year program. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.pacificoaks.edu/
Old 11-03-2010, 07:35 AM

Congratulations, Crystal!! That's awesome! Good luck!
Old 11-03-2010, 07:36 AM

Thank you!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Crystal that is winner winner chicken dinner!!! HOORAYYYYYYY congratulations!~

Quote:
I recieved a call and an email yesterday letting me know that I have been accepted into Pacific Oaks College!!! I will start in January. I can choose to accept Credit For Life Experience (up to 30 units), skipping my Bachelor's Degree and going straight into my Master's Degree program. I will specialize in teaching adults, so that I may teach at the college level when I complete the program. The college is located in Pasadena, but they are starting a cohort program at a college here in January. I will attend Saturday and Sunday from 9-5, 1 weekend every three weeks. In between classes is when I will do the assignments and some on-line stuff as well. It is a two year program. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.pacificoaks.edu/
Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Congratulations!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Thank you!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Family Childcare Home

That is awsome Crystal, how exciting for you!!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
New Daycare.com Member

I've been wanting to plan a sassy party for my little lamb - she just turned 12. After looking for about three weeks ... I finally found a supply store (http://www.smartyhadaparty.co.uk/) that sells patterned muffin cups in all sorts of different colours.

If you're not a baker (who wants all of her treats to look absolutely delicious and gorgeous) you probably won't understand my happiness, lol.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM

So it is Friday and I have half the number of kids I usually have, today they range from 1 Kinder up to 1 7th grader...And they are really enjoying the run of the classroom! We've already played Bocce Ball in the classroom through the chairs and tables, played an awesome round of frisbee, and after snack, we are going to play in-the-dark tag!! Love these kinds of days!!!
Plus, they are all getting along. YEEHAW.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Family Childcare Home

Default I made through Friday!!

I made *It through Friday (oops lol) Yay, I consider making it through the week a huge success now since I'm now full-term and can go into labor any time this month (due date is Nov 27 but the last time I was told my due date I did the math on my own and I got an earlier due date than the doctor and my daughter ended up being born on the due date that I calculated lol). The kids were great and most were picked up earlier. I have minor cleaning up to do and then I'm hopping in the tub with a good book and making "baby posole" (what my fiance calls it when I soak in the tub).

Tomorrow is the second half of my infant/toddler foundations training so I just want the baby to stay in the belly until 3pm tomorrow. After that he can come out whenever he wants to lol. After 3pm tomorrow I'll be looking for wives-tale labor inducing remedies to "coax" this baby out. I want to meet him, I want my feet to look normal again and I want to be able to laugh again wothout a little bit of pee coming out . Happy Weekend everybody.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:11 PM

The best labor-inducing remedy is what put the baby there in the first place, ya know..
Old 11-06-2010, 03:20 AM

ding ding ding ding,.. we have a winner!!!!! there are chemicals in the additive that break things down and get them moving. =-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
The best labor-inducing remedy is what put the baby there in the first place, ya know..
Old 11-06-2010, 06:51 AM

LOL!

WOW Marina....time really passed quickly! I remember when you announced your were pregnant and it doesn't seem that long ago....although I'm sure it didn't seem as fast to you!

I'll be thinking about you and am wishing you a quick, easy labor and a healthy delivery!

Does the Baby Boy have a name yet?

Tags
fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif