Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor Toys
284878 12:06 PM 08-12-2020
I am trying to improve my outdoor toys and would like to find a sand/water table. Something that does not need to be brought in out of the sun and has a lid. I can go up to $100 and maybe a little over. What table do you recommend?

These are two that I found... Let me know if you like them or not, I failed at my last attempt of purchasing one. It ended up being 2 totes in a pvc frame, the kids can remove the ten dollar totes and can easily move the frame around. I am not sure what table height is the best, the best depth for the tub, etc...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...TMGQMQ4Z&psc=1

What Kind of ride one toys do you have? I want to replace the two bikes/ride on toys that I have, everything I have seen and liked has been sold out or great but way out of my price range.
I have a hilly, grass playground. (I want to avoid anything that recommends helmets)

BC showed me this and I love it https://www.lifetime.com/lifetime-90...-teeter-totter but it is discounted. I have been searching and can not find anything like it.

What do you have in your playground that kids just love?
Michael 12:33 PM 08-12-2020
Here's a previous thread on Sand and Water Tables: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29637
Cat Herder 02:02 PM 08-12-2020
I have the Step Two Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center. I have had it almost ten years and it still looks brand new. It has been used every weekday by ages 12 months-6 years. A quick spritz of bleach a few times a year is all it requires.

I don't do ride on toys because they require helmets, but the hoppers do not. I get a new set each year from Oriental Trading as they tend to wear out pretty quick with the mulch I use. They are the summer favorite.

Rainbow scooters are always a huge hit, here, too. I also get them from OTC. They last about 5 years before they start to crack and rust. I have had three sets, now.
284878 02:25 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have the Step Two Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center. I have had it almost ten years and it still looks brand new. It has been used every weekday by ages 12 months-6 years. A quick spritz of bleach a few times a year is all it requires.

I don't do ride on toys because they require helmets, but the hoppers do not. I get a new set each year from Oriental Trading as they tend to wear out pretty quick with the mulch I use. They are the summer favorite.

Rainbow scooters are always a huge hit, here, too. I also get them from OTC. They last about 5 years before they start to crack and rust. I have had three sets, now.
Thanks, I have the hoppers but they don't get used. I found the rainbow scooters on Amazon and was considering grabbing them. Do they do well in "all terrain" playgrounds?
Cat Herder 02:43 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Thanks, I have the hoppers but they don't get used. I found the rainbow scooters on Amazon and was considering grabbing them. Do they do well in "all terrain" playgrounds?
Not really. They work great on wood decks or the driveway. If your yard is well packed and dry, maybe. They sink in my soggy lawn.
284878 02:38 PM 08-12-2020
Found the table, I like it. And cheaper than what I found.
Cat Herder 02:44 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Found the table, I like it. And cheaper than what I found.
There is a matching playhouse, climber/slide, pic-nic table, sand box and teeter totter. I have them all.
Jupadia 05:09 AM 08-13-2020
My husband threw toghter a wood frame, and I place just a regular storage bucket in it. I keep sand in one bucket and lift it out when not in use. I use a seconed bucket for water or whatever else we are doing (shaving cream, mud, and such).
Attached: 15973204581231933979749981876429.jpg (3.47 MB) 
284878 11:18 AM 08-26-2020
There is a matching playhouse, climber/slide, pic-nic table, sand box and teeter totter. I have them all.
I got the sand table, thanks for the suggestion. My son is able to get the kids off by him self, so it's going to be harder to put them in time out during morning recess. (I like being able to postpone the sand from entering my house until the afternoon, then it is only in until pick up)

I also found some bikes similar looking to once that BC pm me about. The kids were able to ride them all away around the playground vs for a little bit in a select area.
Attached: IMG_20200825_152321949.jpg (6.57 MB) IMG_20200825_152147737.jpg (2.70 MB) 
Tags:outdoor toys, water table
Reply Up