Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing Pick Up Time For Appts
momofboys 05:53 AM 04-30-2013
I only have 2 families in my care (by choice, that's the way I like it) mostly b/c I like having the convenience of having some time to myself to get things done and to run errands as my own kids are school-age or at least part-time PK, volunteer at school etc. DCF 2 is only coming 2 days a week now & my other family (DCF 1) is mostly full-time but child is out usually at least 1/2 day every other week for an appt or to go somewhere with parents. Perfect for me. Anyway, I do not give a discount for early pickups although ONE time I gave a slight discount, I know my bad (as in $5/off lol) because the child was being picked up 4 hrs early & thus only going to be here about 4 hrs so I thought I would give a little discount b/c they let me know 3 weeks ahead of time.

Well last week DCF 1 let me know that little Jr would be picked up around noon-12:15 for his appt this Wed (tomorrow). I take my son to preschool about 12:20 1 mile from my home so I was sure to remind parent they needed to be here by 12:15 or we would be gone. So mom said last week she would come after I dropped my son off so now pickup is at 12:35-12:40ish. Well today when they dropped off she had a note saying she would pick up tomorrow at 1:45 I guess I am frustrated b/c on this day I will have no other kids & originally (a couple days ago) she said 12:-12:15, then 12:40, then today she changes it to 1:45, smack dab in the middle of naptime & thus I lose any opportunity to run errands. This child was to be my only one in care that day so I had *planned* to run errands right after his pickup time of 12:40. I realize she is paying for the whole day & should have the right to use the whole day & I do understand that BUT she keeps changing the pick up which is annoying. At what point can you say - hey I do have a life pick a time & keep it!!! Not really seeking advice, just venting!
Angelwings36 06:58 AM 04-30-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I only have 2 families in my care (by choice, that's the way I like it) mostly b/c I like having the convenience of having some time to myself to get things done and to run errands as my own kids are school-age or at least part-time PK, volunteer at school etc. DCF 2 is only coming 2 days a week now & my other family (DCF 1) is mostly full-time but child is out usually at least 1/2 day every other week for an appt or to go somewhere with parents. Perfect for me. Anyway, I do not give a discount for early pickups although ONE time I gave a slight discount, I know my bad (as in $5/off lol) because the child was being picked up 4 hrs early & thus only going to be here about 4 hrs so I thought I would give a little discount b/c they let me know 3 weeks ahead of time.

Well last week DCF 1 let me know that little Jr would be picked up around noon-12:15 for his appt this Wed (tomorrow). I take my son to preschool about 12:20 1 mile from my home so I was sure to remind parent they needed to be here by 12:15 or we would be gone. So mom said last week she would come after I dropped my son off so now pickup is at 12:35-12:40ish. Well today when they dropped off she had a note saying she would pick up tomorrow at 1:45 I guess I am frustrated b/c on this day I will have no other kids & originally (a couple days ago) she said 12:-12:15, then 12:40, then today she changes it to 1:45, smack dab in the middle of naptime & thus I lose any opportunity to run errands. This child was to be my only one in care that day so I had *planned* to run errands right after his pickup time of 12:40. I realize she is paying for the whole day & should have the right to use the whole day & I do understand that BUT she keeps changing the pick up which is annoying. At what point can you say - hey I do have a life pick a time & keep it!!! Not really seeking advice, just venting!
I typically don't allow families to make two changes to a drop off/pick up time. I would tell DCM that since she told you she would be there to pick up at 12:35pm you made plans for the rest of the day and can not keep her child until 1:45pm. I wouldn't refund either. She needs to understand that your life doesn't revolve around her. Next time maybe she will have her schedule more organized.
Reply Up