Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Losing Families!
MrsCoffee 08:03 AM 07-01-2010
I lost one of my infants last week.... Now another possibly...

This morning I was told by one of my dcg mom's that she doesn't know if she can afford me! She was my fill for the summer. She is in a full time spot just for the summer, she then says to me "Well I get two weeks vacation, it's in my contract. I will have to use them somewhere" !!!stomp foot!! I'm sorry but those are for full time year around families. Not summer full timers. Lesson learned. Will have to add that to my contract! Ugh!

This is a big hit financially! I am enrolled in my CDA coarse. Just applied for scholarships. Was told that I qualify, one for the cda accreditation and one for Associates degree for people involved in early childhood education. I want to work my butt off and become a teacher, preschool-1 grade. I am so nervous right now! After I complete the Associates I can apply for the Bachelors scholarship. Then I can work as a teacher. I would love that.

How do you find families?!

Crazy thing I had two calls this week from women that want childcare referred from their caseworkers. DHS they have no source of income but want me to watch their kids.... Jesus help me
Tags:economy, filling spots
Up