Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playing Outside
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 11-12-2010
I was wondering how everyone goes outside?
Does everyone go?
Do some kids play outside when you are not outside with them?
If you go outside with kids, is anyone alowed to stay in the house?
Is your yard fenced/unfenced?
What age do you allow them outside w/out you being with them?
Do you have camera system/survellience?

I know rules/laws are different in every state so I was only wondering what it is like for everyone....
busymomof2 02:27 PM 11-12-2010
I have a small group- only 5. We all go out together except if it is cold I stay inside with my baby...he is 9 mo the others 3-4yo. However, I leave the door open, I can see them from inside and my backyard is fenced in. There are times when a preschool kid is cold or tired of playing and I allow them to come in and play in the playroom because I am lucky enough to have a clear view of both outside and playroom from my kitchen.
SilverSabre25 03:25 PM 11-12-2010
We all go out unless it's afternoon and DH is home--then some can go and some can stay.

I let my own DD out to play in the front yard in nice weather (so the door can stay open) without me, but not the dcks; they're too young.

My back and front yards are both fenced.
Lilbutterflie 04:07 PM 11-12-2010
I was wondering how everyone goes outside?
Does everyone go? We do, sometimes twice/day
Do some kids play outside when you are not outside with them?No. Never.
If you go outside with kids, is anyone alowed to stay in the house?If DH is home
Is your yard fenced/unfenced?Fenced, but most of the time we go out front so they can ride bikes. Plus, my backyard is not good for playing... way too unlevel!
What age do you allow them outside w/out you being with them?Never for dck's. For my own, they can play out back but I check in on them OFTEN. For out front, not there yet. I would say it depends on how mature they are. For my comfort level, anywhere from 8-11 yo.
Do you have camera system/survellience?No
caitlin 06:49 PM 11-12-2010
My kids are little, so our outside time consits of stroller rides, blankets on the grass for the infants, and exersaucers brought outside for the older infants while the others run around.
I am always outside with them, and we are all outside when we go. My yard is fenced.
Tags:outside play
Reply Up