Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deposit
care-care 04:28 PM 02-19-2011
How many of you let someone NOT pay a deposit to start?
SilverSabre25 04:39 PM 02-19-2011
I have never asked for a deposit and have never seen a reason to have one. Of course, my dcks usually start very soon after the interview so it would be a bit silly.
Jewels 04:43 PM 02-19-2011
I have had a couple people start without a deposit, I had someone who was switching from a really bad daycare, and my care was costing a big chunk more than what they were paying, and they had been waiting on a spot to open in my care for 6 months, they did bring me a deposit, but I told them not to worry about it, I trusted them fully to keep their hold with me, and I trust them completely to not ditch me care with no pay, I also had to girls start in september and never requested a deposit from them, and they were holding the spot for a couple months, and another of their family members already went here, and I just didn't care, they totally would have paid had I asked, I just didn't, I knew they'd be here, and they are both way to professional to ever ditch a payment. Other than that everyone has paid me a deposit.
care-care 04:52 PM 02-19-2011
ok I guess I didnt word that right I meant a deposit for like the last week or two of care for when they would terminate.
Autismworld 07:10 PM 02-19-2011
I've only waived the deposit for a few families over all of my years, only because I knew them very well prior to starting and fully trusted they wouldn't skip out on payment.

Everyone else I have requested a deposit equal to one weeks fee that would be applied to the final week of care, providing everything went smoothly up to that point and I was given proper notice at the end of care.
kendallina 05:23 AM 02-20-2011
I did not require a deposit when I started up this year, but only because I knew most of my families before starting and trusted them. The ones that I didn't know, I wasn't comfortable charging a deposit to since I didn't charge the other families and we all run in the same circle.
Tags:deposit
Reply Up