Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Translating My Contract ... Need Help
MarinaVanessa 12:18 PM 01-25-2011
Okay so I've had some interest from spanish-speaking-only potential clients since advertising in spanish and I just realized that ... duh ... all of my paperwork is in English. I'm extremely fluent in Spanish (it was my first language and I learned English in Kinder) so I though okay so I'll just translate it all into Spanish, easy right? Wrong. I'm having a hard time with finding a word to represent

- Drop-in

I'm using google translate and it keeps telling me "gota-adentro" lol. For those of you that don't know Spanish that's a literal translation for: gota= drop (as in drop of water) & adentro=in (as in inside). Do we have any fluent Spanish speakers that know the spanish translation for drop-in care or at least another term for drop-in care that I can translate from English to Spanish? I doubt I'll find something but I thought I'd give it a try.
DCMomOf3 12:29 PM 01-25-2011
I have a friend who is Spanish and a teacher, I will ask her and get back to you. I think she would know.
AfterSchoolMom 12:32 PM 01-25-2011
how about "one day" or "single day"?
Lucy 12:32 PM 01-25-2011
Maybe day to day? Or various or variable days?
MarinaVanessa 12:40 PM 01-25-2011
Thanks, hopefully your teacher friend will know of something that I can use. I'm looking for spanish daycare contracts but the few I found don't say anything about drop-in type care.

I thought af the day-to-day thing and even just saying "hourly". I think I'll have to resort to that since my drop-in clients pay by the hour (at a more expensive rate I'd like to add). Or like was also said "irregular" or "variable" care? I dunno, I have a brain fart. Thanks ladies. I'm open to more suggestions.
DCMomOf3 04:03 PM 01-25-2011
so far I got from my friend: "Hola, I am thinking about it. I will let you know".

I'll let you know if she has any suggestions.
DCMomOf3 04:07 PM 01-25-2011
I have been looking too. How is this?

http://www.wordreference.com/es/translation.asp?tranword=drop%20in

drop in, drop-in vi informal (visit casually, without an appointment) pasar vi
Abigail 04:59 PM 01-25-2011
What about calling it "same day care of the child with no appointment" translated would become "Mismo dia cuidado del nino con no la cita" with a ~ above the last n in nino...children would be "de los ninos" with a ~ above the last n in ninos.

The rate is $3.50 per hour per child. "La tasa es de $3.50 por hora por nino" with a ~ over the last n in nino.
ninosqueridos 05:31 PM 01-25-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
"Mismo dia cuidado del nino con no la cita"
I like this except "sin cita" instead of "del nino con no la cita"........I'm drawing a blank otherwise
misol 09:27 PM 01-25-2011
Maybe you could use whatever the Spanish word is for occasional and say occasional care.

Also, there are just some words that there is just no translation for. In cases like this, I think it would be appropriate to just use the English word and give a verbal explanation.
MarinaVanessa 06:12 AM 01-26-2011
Thanks so much ladies! I think I'm going with calling it "irregular childcare", it just seems to fit better I think but I'm still open to ideas. I decided against "variable" because I used that to describe someone with a variable work schedule. Who would've thought that this would be so hard lol.
missnikki 06:59 AM 01-26-2011
-occasional use
-non- contracted
-unexpected
-only when needed
-extra days
-fill in
Tags:contract, contract spanish
Reply Up