Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>ABC Mouse?
Baby Beluga 08:58 AM 11-11-2016
Does anyone here use ABC mouse?

I am a relatively electronic free daycare. The most we get is a Halloween/Christmas movie and I will occasionally look up a short video clip on you tube to use as a visual aid.

I have considered getting ABC mouse as a treat for the older kids (3 & 4 years). Maybe for them to use once a week. Has anyone used the program? If so, do you like it?
Blackcat31 09:07 AM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Does anyone here use ABC mouse?

I am a relatively electronic free daycare. The most we get is a Halloween/Christmas movie and I will occasionally look up a short video clip on you tube to use as a visual aid.

I have considered getting ABC mouse as a treat for the older kids (3 & 4 years). Maybe for them to use once a week. Has anyone used the program? If so, do you like it?
Other than my laptop (for my use only) I am an electronic free child care program too so I don't use ABC Mouse but here are a couple other threads about it (one in regards to getting it for free...) https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=abc+mouse
Leigh 10:03 AM 11-11-2016
I don't use ABC Mouse at daycare, but I DO subscribe to it and I give access to my daycare families to use it at THEIR homes. Some do, some don't.
daycarediva 10:28 AM 11-11-2016
I do. It's the only traditionally academic thing in my program. The kids get 15 minutes each day, and they must be potty trained to use it. When their time is up, the tablet goes up. I only have issues with screen addicted kiddo atm.

It's just an 'educational' app. I like it, the kids like it, the parents like it, it's free.
Mom2Two 10:58 AM 11-11-2016
I didn't realize we could get it for free--I'll have to look into it. I don't like too much computer use for learning, although I do use IXL Math for DD, and IXL doesn't care how much or what level it gets used at, so I have the four year olds use the preschool level sometimes.
Baby Beluga 11:36 AM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I didn't realize we could get it for free--I'll have to look into it. I don't like too much computer use for learning, although I do use IXL Math for DD, and IXL doesn't care how much or what level it gets used at, so I have the four year olds use the preschool level sometimes.
I didn't know you could get it for free either - daycarediva how did you do that? The best deal I have found is 2 months free on groupon and then a $7.95 monthly fee after that.

ETA: BC's link showed me. Wonder if you can still do it w/o a license number. For anyone else wondering how to get it, here is the link to the thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68353
daycarediva 11:38 AM 11-11-2016
Baby Beluga 11:46 AM 11-11-2016
I just signed up under "private" and it did not ask for a license. So far it works. Fingers crossed it keeps working! I would love to be able to give my families access to this.
happymom 11:54 AM 11-11-2016
My old home daycare had it (she used it for the worksheets) and gave her families access to it from their homes.

I really like it. Especially the educational music videos. My son loves it, too. It seems more educational than some of the other education apps....until he starts playing with the hamster cage/fish tank features. You have full access to turn whatever you want on/off and set time limits, etc. There are no ads so the kids can't accidentally click on stuff and get redirected around the web.

I bought my own subscription when we moved to a new daycare.
Baby Beluga 12:13 PM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by happymom:
My old home daycare had it (she used it for the worksheets) and gave her families access to it from their homes.

I really like it. Especially the educational music videos. My son loves it, too. It seems more educational than some of the other education apps....until he starts playing with the hamster cage/fish tank features. You have full access to turn whatever you want on/off and set time limits, etc. There are no ads so the kids can't accidentally click on stuff and get redirected around the web.

I bought my own subscription when we moved to a new daycare.
Thank you for chiming in on this - one of the things I was most excited about was the ability to give my parents access as well.

I feel so in the dark for not knowing about this
Baby Beluga 12:14 PM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Thank you - it worked
hottie8962 11:53 PM 11-11-2016
Wow I didn't no u could get this free I've been wanting to get this for a while I almost paid there deal $45 for 12 months but I will try this. it says i need to sign up on a desktop computer then can use on mobile so I will try to sign up at the libray since I don't have a computer thanks for letting me know
284878 07:10 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I just tried and it wants a school district, Superintendent name and school website. I am not sure what to put for these.

https://www.abcmouse.com/teacher-registration
Baby Beluga 07:19 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
I just tried and it wants a school district, Superintendent name and school website. I am not sure what to put for these.

https://www.abcmouse.com/teacher-registration
Did you sign up as a private school? That's what I did. They still asked for administrative contact info, but no school website or district info. I put myself as the contact person for all fields.
284878 09:02 PM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Did you sign up as a private school? That's what I did. They still asked for administrative contact info, but no school website or district info. I put myself as the contact person for all fields.
The link I posted did not have an option for a private school. Can you post a the link you went to?
Baby Beluga 05:50 AM 11-15-2016
Originally Posted by 284878:
The link I posted did not have an option for a private school. Can you post a the link you went to?
I went to abcmouse.com then in the top left corner you can click on "teachers." If you click on that it should take you to a screen saying abc mouse is free for teachers and will ask you what type of school you are. From there I clicked on private and registered.

https://www.abcmouse.com/teachers
Reply Up