Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Coat Storage
sahm1225 07:28 PM 01-12-2019
I use lockers instead of cubbies (think square lockers that can fit one of those shoebox boxes for their back up clothes).

I was with other daycare providers today at a training and they told me that kids Coats can’t touch . I currently use a coat rack (the long bar ones similar to the ones stores use for clothes) for the coats.

Looking for suggestions:
Option 1 - kids stick coats inside lockers and I find a new spot for their backup clothes.

Option 2 - purchase individual garment bags for each coat and keep using coat rack.

Option 3 - any ideas?
Michael 08:05 PM 01-12-2019
Here’s another thread on coat storage: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51427
hwichlaz 10:30 PM 01-12-2019
hanging dividers between the coats. I'd juse use cheap dollar tree garment bags...but rather than taking the time to put coats inside, just hang them between the garment bags
Annalee 07:19 AM 01-13-2019
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
hanging dividers between the coats. I'd juse use cheap dollar tree garment bags...but rather than taking the time to put coats inside, just hang them between the garment bags
When I first began child care before cubbies came along, I used trash bags between the hanging coats.
Tags:coat storage, storage
Reply Up