Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>1099-G, and Turbo Tax?
Provider_Manda 06:52 AM 01-30-2013
From what I can understand we probably got a 1099-G from our Adoption Credit..I guess I really don't know. But I was wondering should I use a tax service like H&R block instead of Turbo Tax this year? Last year was our first year filling with the daycare and on top of that we had the adoption credit (I know too much going on in one year)

But we was audited for the adoption credit last year and now a 1099-G for over $900!?! Tom Im not sure what the 1099-G is, and if we was already audited over the credit then why we have this.

But would it be a wiser move to have a professional company do it instead of ourselves? Any input would be great, I really have no idea what is going on, and my nerves are pretty much shot over it
TomCopeland 01:52 PM 01-31-2013
It appears that as a result of your audit, you must report this $900 as income in 2012. This is not my area of expertise. I would advise you to consult a tax professional. I've posted a tax preparer directory on the internet: http://www.nafcc.org/index.php?optio...499&Itemid=105
Tags:1099-g, taxes
Reply Up