Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hanging Posters/Charts On The Walls??
Crazy8 03:22 PM 08-29-2012
How do you get kids NOT to pull these off????

I have a few things on the walls out of kids reach but I know for charts and stuff you are supposed to put them at their eye level. I have a few cubbies coming out into the room and thought it would be cute to put some charts on the back since it is visible. How do you get them to not pull them off or pick at them?? My kids are young - infant up to 3ish.
daycare 03:26 PM 08-29-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
How do you get kids NOT to pull these off????

I have a few things on the walls out of kids reach but I know for charts and stuff you are supposed to put them at their eye level. I have a few cubbies coming out into the room and thought it would be cute to put some charts on the back since it is visible. How do you get them to not pull them off or pick at them?? My kids are young - infant up to 3ish.
i tell them look with your eyes only, not with your hands
slpender 05:40 PM 08-29-2012
I cover the poster with contact paper or get it laminated at my local school supply store then I tape it around all four sides with packing tape. By doing this the kids have no wear to pick at and peel off.
countrymom 04:54 AM 08-30-2012
seriously, I wonder how many kids acually pay attention to things at eye level I started putting things up higher and I find that kids look up more than at eyelevel.
momofsix 06:09 AM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by slpender:
I cover the poster with contact paper or get it laminated at my local school supply store then I tape it around all four sides with packing tape. By doing this the kids have no wear to pick at and peel off.
I use contact paper too. Works great and doesn't hurt the walls. Does the tape come off the walls without pulling off paint too?
Reply Up