Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 tested positive for the FLU!
Provider_Manda 07:07 AM 12-04-2012
So I got two phone calls yesterday that my 2 youngest dck's tested positive for the FLU...And one dcp also has it and sounds like death warmed over!!
So now Im going to have to go through and bleach everything down.

But Im wondering if I should call my son's doctor and get the tamaflu for him?
I have one dcg who has been coughing her little head off, I called her mom and told her about the other 2. Well she said she had the flu shot and that she should be fine..and said she hadn't coughed or snotted since she left her. She came in this morning and gave her medicine, her eyes are watery, nose started running, wouldn't eat and now is asleep!!

I don't understand some ppl, Im paranoid when my child coughs, yet they take and leave them at daycare with these symptoms knowing what they had been exposed too
Country Kids 07:29 AM 12-04-2012
1. I didn't know they had a test for the flu! Wow, the times are changing.

2. Second one doesn't sound like the flu but just a very, very bad cold.
Provider_Manda 07:32 AM 12-04-2012
They flu they have is coughing, snotting and high fever. I always thought of the flu as puking and stomach cramps..but I guess not. This strain of the flu is pretty bad and is spreading around here like wild fire..Everyone I talk to has had it or know's someone who is getting it. They are doing a swab in the mouth to test for it.

So that is what is worrying me with her is that she has the symptoms the others have now
Country Kids 07:34 AM 12-04-2012
HHMM, that always was just a bad cold before. I always though the flu, like you-fever, chills, throwing up, diarehha, etc.

Now, I see why your concerned and me now. My little one is staying home from school today with a fever and last night had more of a cold. Wonder what it really is?
Provider_Manda 07:40 AM 12-04-2012
The scary thing is that last week both babies was fine, then Friday and a small cough and clear runny nose...Yesterday both spiked pretty high fever's out of no where and the one dcg started coughing till she puked.

I think Im going to call his doctor just to see what they say, he has been coughing but not too bad..but now sounds a little rough this morning
Reply Up