Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fingers Pinched In Drawers - How To Prevent?
kitykids3 06:35 PM 01-03-2013
So honey got a dresser for the daycare that I use in the drama area. It's perfect, except that the kids are getting their fingers stuck in the drawers cuz they kind of close on their own (I forgot what that is called.). Anyways, any ideas to help prevent the drawer closing on their fingers too fast? Do they make something, like they do the door things?
Unregistered 07:01 PM 01-03-2013
Either put one of those white baby-proof shock-absorbant L-shaped sticky pads people put on the corners of doors and walls (don't know what they are called) on the inside of the drawer or glue some type of rubber stopper or a cork pegs on each side of the drawer to provent it from closing all the way
laundrymom 03:38 AM 01-04-2013
I use metal picnic table cloth holders clipped to the edge. I can remove them, they aren't a choking hazard and I tell the kids to leave them alone or I'll lock the drawer closed.
youretooloud 11:33 AM 01-04-2013
I cut very thin slices of pool noodles and use those for everything.

You can put it in the side walls of the drawers to keep the drawers from closing all the way. But, unless you also glue it, they will pull it off and be walking around with little disks of pool noodles.
Reply Up