Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Little One, Interesting Behavior
Baby Beluga 02:18 PM 08-30-2017
DCB is 18 months and is showing some interesting behavior patterns.

*Will not eat - anything. Mom says he is a garbage disposal at home and eats everything. Here he will sit at the table but he puts his head down and closes his eyes. This is at every meal/snack time so I do not think he is putting his head down to sleep.

*He does not move. He is capable of walking now (started walking 2-3 weeks ago.) According to mom he walks and runs all the time at home. But here? He sits in one spot and refuses to move. Toys, other children his age, fun activities, nothing will entice him to move. If I take his hand and guide him to an activity he either picks his feet up off the floor or sits down and screams.

*He won't pick up anything that is his. For example, he sleeps with a bink. I put it on his cot at nap time but he won't pick it up to put it in his mouth. He will cry for it. He will stare at it. But he won't get it.

*When sitting his head is either down (chin to chest) or it is as far back as it can go and he stares at the ceiling lights.

*During pick up he won't move toward mom or dad. He will cry when they arrive, but won't move.

I am used to crying during an adjustment period but this little man is showing interesting behavior that is new to me.
Tags:asd, developmental delay, developmentally delayed, separation anxiety
Up