Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>8 Month Old Crying NON STOP
clintonjohnson13 05:45 AM 07-13-2016
Looking for some help/advice. My wife's daycare is going great. She has a waiting list and everything.

She took on an 8 month old as one of her kids. (our baby is the same age)

Interview was great, the kids got along great. So the 8 month old started on Monday and cries non stop. Baby gets there at 6:30 AM, and I can hear baby crying from the time he gets there until I go to work. My wife says he does this non stop all day long.

She has 2 other babies and another toddler. She has to spend so much time on this crying baby that it is hard for her to give a fair amount of attention to the rest of the kids.

She is thinking about telling the parents that she can no longer watch baby if this does not stop.

Anybody had the same experience? Links to any other threads?

Thanks!!!
Blackcat31 05:55 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by clintonjohnson13:
Looking for some help/advice. My wife's daycare is going great. She has a waiting list and everything.

She took on an 8 month old as one of her kids. (our baby is the same age)

Interview was great, the kids got along great. So the 8 month old started on Monday and cries non stop. Baby gets there at 6:30 AM, and I can hear baby crying from the time he gets there until I go to work. My wife says he does this non stop all day long.

She has 2 other babies and another toddler. She has to spend so much time on this crying baby that it is hard for her to give a fair amount of attention to the rest of the kids.

She is thinking about telling the parents that she can no longer watch baby if this does not stop.

Anybody had the same experience? Links to any other threads?

Thanks!!!
Ugh! That certainly makes the day tough on everyone!

I'd have to agree with your wife...I would not be able to manage a baby that cried all day with little or no improvement after a bit. It's not fair to anyone.

Are the parents aware the baby cries all day? Is it due to being held all day/night at home and then not being held constantly at daycare or is the baby just unhappy overall?

Here are some more threads on all day crying. Check the tags on the bottom of each thread too for more tag words so you can find more posts about this topic (unfortunately its a common topic and not one easily solved always)

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ying+-+all+day
clintonjohnson13 06:05 AM 07-13-2016
Yes parents are aware that baby cries all day. They just brought one of those carriers that you strap to your chest to carry baby around.
They were just like "yeah you just have to carry baby all day" like it was no big deal.
He is 8 months old and can crawl. He should not be held 24/7.

Plus its making our 8 month old be like, why is that kid getting all the attention?
Our baby started crying out of nowhere last night and I'm like, "Oh no! our baby is not going to be picking up this bad habbit!"

Thanks for the info!!!
Boymom 07:57 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by clintonjohnson13:
Yes parents are aware that baby cries all day. They just brought one of those carriers that you strap to your chest to carry baby around.
They were just like "yeah you just have to carry baby all day" like it was no big deal.
He is 8 months old and can crawl. He should not be held 24/7.

Plus its making our 8 month old be like, why is that kid getting all the attention?
Our baby started crying out of nowhere last night and I'm like, "Oh no! our baby is not going to be picking up this bad habbit!"

Thanks for the info!!!
I would not be happy if a parent expected me to carry their baby around all day! I would ask them to pay for my chiropractor bill LOL! I really don't have much advice because I haven't been doing this very long, but I feel for y'all! I had a baby that screamed SO loud! She didn't cry all the time, but when she did, the neighbor's could probably hear her. It was awful. I hope the baby stops crying soon for your sanity!
JackandJill 08:03 AM 07-13-2016
I let let infant parents know that I do know "wear" babies. Its not fair to any of the other kids, no matter what age.

If she has a waitlist, I would be looking to move on! Hope things get better for her!
Snowmom 08:10 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by JackandJill:
I let let infant parents know that I do know "wear" babies. Its not fair to any of the other kids, no matter what age.

If she has a waitlist, I would be looking to move on! Hope things get better for her!
Ditto.

The parents need to get on board with preparing their baby for group care (no baby wearing at home) or hire a nanny for one on one care.
Leigh 08:17 AM 07-13-2016
Has anyone actually had success in stopping the crying all day type of kid? I know that I have not, except with my foster son, who had an attachment issue, and it took a YEAR of me being with him all day and working hard to stop it with consistent methods. I would pick him up the moment he started screaming and would put him in a pack n play in his room and tell him "it looks like you need some time to scream. I'll come get you when you're done screaming" I did this for about 6 weeks and he finally stopped. However, he was about 16 months old when this happened. I didn't use this method in the beginning-I would work on attachment before that.
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Has anyone actually had success in stopping the crying all day type of kid? I know that I have not, except with my foster son, who had an attachment issue, and it took a YEAR of me being with him all day and working hard to stop it with consistent methods. I would pick him up the moment he started screaming and would put him in a pack n play in his room and tell him "it looks like you need some time to scream. I'll come get you when you're done screaming" I did this for about 6 weeks and he finally stopped. However, he was about 16 months old when this happened. I didn't use this method in the beginning-I would work on attachment before that.
Yes, I have had success before but it wasn't pretty and it's not something I would ever do again.

Ever.

Did mention never doing it again?!?

It took over a year, wore a path in my carpet, made my arms ache daily, chipped away at my sanity and probably became the catalyst for the list of what I will and won't deal with or put up with anymore.

The kid is a great 5 year old now.

But just in case I didn't mention it earlier.... I would never do it again.
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 07-13-2016
ever.
Leigh 09:19 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
ever.

I understand. Completely. My husband told me on a Friday that we had to move our foster son who scream cried all day because, after a year, he could no longer take it. TWO days later, and I swear I can tell you the moment it happened, he just looked me in the eye and STOPPED. Just like that. He was worth it. However, I had a vested interest in this child, and loved him (despite the screaming) like my own child. I couldn't put that kind of effort into a daycare child, and I wouldn't, either. I know first hand how consistent things must be ALL.DAY.LONG to stop it, and I know that no matter what parents say, they're gonna do what works for them as soon as they walk out my door.
Blackcat31 09:21 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:

I understand. Completely. My husband told me on a Friday that we had to move our foster son who scream cried all day because, after a year, he could no longer take it. TWO days later, and I swear I can tell you the moment it happened, he just looked me in the eye and STOPPED. Just like that. He was worth it. However, I had a vested interest in this child, and loved him (despite the screaming) like my own child. I couldn't put that kind of effort into a daycare child, and I wouldn't, either. I know first hand how consistent things must be ALL.DAY.LONG to stop it, and I know that no matter what parents say, they're gonna do what works for them as soon as they walk out my door.
no truer words have been spoken!
Boymom 09:31 AM 07-13-2016
ever.
You crack me up BC!!!
KiwiKids 10:31 AM 07-13-2016
ever.
Yep! Same here! Never again. Ever.

Never.
Tags:colic, colicky, crying - all day
Reply Up