Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Can't Come to Play
childcaremom 10:35 AM 04-22-2016
I had an interview a few weekends ago. It was odd.

Mom emailed to set up a playdate. I told her, just like I did during the interview, that I don't offer those for safety and privacy issues. I understood that her comfort in choosing a provider involved that but it isn't something I offer.

Today she emailed about parent orientation. Um, that was the interview.

I do not want this woman as a client.

Please help me word something polite but blunt so she stops asking to come and hang out.
childcaremom 10:47 AM 04-22-2016
How about:

After consideration, I do not feel that you would be a good fit. Best of luck on your search!
Blackcat31 10:51 AM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I had an interview a few weekends ago. It was odd.

Mom emailed to set up a playdate. I told her, just like I did during the interview, that I don't offer those for safety and privacy issues. I understood that her comfort in choosing a provider involved that but it isn't something I offer.

Today she emailed about parent orientation. Um, that was the interview.

I do not want this woman as a client.

Please help me word something polite but blunt so she stops asking to come and hang out.

Dear Parent

As discussed in the interview, I do not offer parent observations or "play dates" as the privacy of ALL children and families currently enrolled is a priority at ABC Daycare.

I understand that as a parent, this may not be something that makes sense but it is non-negotiable and not something I am willing to discuss further.

At this time, I do not feel that my program is the right fit for your needs. Attached is the number/contact info for the local Child Care Resource and Referral offices. Perhaps they can be of assistance in locating care arrangements that will meet your needs.

Sincerely

NOT YOUR Provider

Blackcat31 10:52 AM 04-22-2016
How about:

After consideration, I do not feel that you would be a good fit. Best of luck on your search!
less words = less room for further discussion
Thriftylady 01:07 PM 04-22-2016
I was going to say just tell her the spot has been filled.
childcaremom 02:13 PM 04-22-2016
I was going to do that.... but I'm still advertising on sites that she is a member of and didn't want any awkward convos. Anyways, I sent it, she replied, and it's done!
JackandJill 02:18 PM 04-22-2016
How about:

I think this is perfect, less is always more!
rosieteddy 11:14 AM 04-25-2016
I can understand why parents want to come visit.I hated it to.I would let them come visit while we were outside at the end of the day.I made sure the time was well before parents showed up . The kids had run around time so they usually were not all over the new child.
Hunni Bee 11:32 AM 04-25-2016
Sounds like she thinks you operate like a center.

Both of those are things we require, as a center.

I'm not arguing your decision not to take her on, it may just be that she has only dealt with centers in the past and doesn't know how home daycare works.
childcaremom 11:34 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Sounds like she thinks you operate like a center.

Both of those are things we require, as a center.

I'm not arguing your decision not to take her on, it may just be that she has only dealt with centers in the past and doesn't know how home daycare works.
She brought a friend to the interview who asked all the questions. Questions that makes me think that she either works at a centre or has been through one.

Either way, it was a weird vibe for many reasons and I told her twice during the interview that I don't offer visits. Then she emailed twice about organizing one. She seemed like more work than I am prepared for.
Hunni Bee 11:36 AM 04-25-2016
She brought a friend to the interview who asked all the questions. Questions that makes me think that she either works at a centre or has been through one.

Either way, it was a weird vibe for many reasons and I told her twice during the interview that I don't offer visits. Then she emailed twice about organizing one. She seemed like more work than I am prepared for.
I feel ya
BGM 06:55 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Dear Parent

As discussed in the interview, I do not offer parent observations or "play dates" as the privacy of ALL children and families currently enrolled is a priority at ABC Daycare.

I understand that as a parent, this may not be something that makes sense but it is non-negotiable and not something I am willing to discuss further.

At this time, I do not feel that my program is the right fit for your needs. Attached is the number/contact info for the local Child Care Resource and Referral offices. Perhaps they can be of assistance in locating care arrangements that will meet your needs.

Sincerely

NOT YOUR Provider
I know this is really old, but I almost just snorted out my hot lemon water reading the sign-off.
LysesKids 09:18 AM 10-23-2017

See I don't allow people to bring friends or other family adult family members to interviews, only the Parents/Guardians; they show up with someone tagging along (or without baby, unless it's not born), I cancel the meeting on the spot... it shows they already don't respect my policies which they were asked to read on my website before contacting me. I clearly spell out how to set up their interview and it's on BOTH the contact page & FAQ's page. I also explain why I don't allow outsiders to attend.
Mom2Two 04:57 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by KWTR:
I know this is really old, but I almost just snorted out my hot lemon water reading the sign-off.
I know...I wheezed laughing.
Tags:interview, letter samples, rejection letter
Reply Up