Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Got a two weeks notice today
Sprouts 04:50 PM 04-18-2012
I was expecting this, but I got a two weeks notice letter and i am more sad because it ps one of thr sweetest little girls. The reason being ,
Which I am sure most of you agree with is because we have our house on the market and we are not exactly sure where we will be buying a house. And the mother wants a "stable" environment BUT our house is priced pretty high for the area and we highly doubt we will get our asking price, which if we don't , then we will hold out until the market gets better or until we win the lottery but i am trying to convince the mother to stay because even if we did sell it will take more then two months in which she will have plenty of time to find something (her daughter is two, so it's not like finding an infant spot) and if we do stay then she won't have to put her daughter in a new environment and have to get used to new people....any suggestions on how to maybe convince her into staying? I am starting to feel the decision we made to sell was too quick and if we did sell and buy something it would be in a sucky school district ( I would homeschool) and probably a fixer upper.....
DaisyMamma 05:34 PM 04-18-2012
Oh such a bummer. What did dcm say when you tried to get her to stay?
From dcms point of view she probably doesn't want to get stuck down the road, especially if she found good care somewhere else that may not have space later.
Sprouts 05:37 PM 04-18-2012
Yeah that makes sense....
Sprouts 05:40 PM 04-18-2012
She told me to basically see it from her point, which I do...but at the same time in the child's interest they should keep her here as long as possible because I think we will be staying, rather having her get used to new caregivers and put her through that stress

When I asked the father about it he just shook his head and said mom is very protective.
laundrymom 05:48 PM 04-18-2012
I think mom is right, the younger a child transitions, usually the easier. I'm sorry you are losing her but I understand moms position.
Reply Up