Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Say When You Term?
trix23 04:14 PM 06-08-2017
I'm not sure what to say for terming a client. I have a written notice I'm giving her but I don't know what to say.
trix23 07:12 PM 06-08-2017
The written part down it's just I'm not sure what to verbally say when I give them the notice
Blackcat31 07:53 PM 06-08-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
The written part down it's just I'm not sure what to verbally say when I give them the notice
I used to hand the notice to the parent in a sealed envelope at pick up and say something like this:

"This is for you. Please read this information carefully. If you have any questions please contact me via e-mail (or we can chat at drop off tomorrow)"

It depends on the parent and the situation in regards to saying we can chat in the morning.

If it's a hostile break up then I wouldn't extend that offer and would probably verbally add something about the info in the envelope being a topic that shouldn't be discussed in front of the child/other kids.

Usually the parent just takes the notice and goes but if they try to open it, I just repeat that it's better they waited until they were home because (again) I didn't want to discuss in front of the kids.

I'm much more verbal now days for any term or sticky situation but I think it's because most my daycare parents are there same age as my own kids so it feels more like parenting them and having to explain why their grounded.. lol!

Anyways, hope that helps
Michael 08:59 PM 06-08-2017
Here are many posts on Termination Letters: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ination+letter
trix23 09:50 PM 06-08-2017
Thanks BlackCat, I'll use that tomorrow
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up