Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How To Word A Term Letter Without A Reason
Unregistered 05:25 PM 05-02-2018
I want to end care for a family that has almost aged out anyways. The last day of care will be June 19th, last day of school ( mom is a teacher). I could do another year with this family part time but would rather take a full timer and this would exclude the school age kid, I no longer want saks. I don't want to give a reason. No reason will make them happy either way. Just wanted to know how to word a term letter with no reason for term. Thanks
boy_mom 05:30 PM 05-02-2018
Dear family,

As if June 19,2018 I will no longer be offering daycare services. I have appreciated your business and wish you the best in the future.

Sincerely,
Daycare Provider

** you could add in any notes regarding final payments, giving appropriate notice should they decide to leave before the 19th etc
Unregistered 05:37 PM 05-02-2018
This sounds great! I am nervous about this because they are neighbors....but it has been a good run with no issues really. It is just time for them to move on.
boy_mom 05:39 PM 05-02-2018
I accidentally reposted my previous post but wasn't sure how to delete the post.....
storybookending 08:11 PM 05-02-2018
Couldn’t you just say you are rebranding your program and will no longer be taking school aged kids? If you are licsenced you could say you are relicensing/restructuring. I know you said you didn’t want to give a reason but I feel with a long standing client sometimes it helps. They can’t really argue the point as their child’s age isn’t going to change.
daycarediva 09:29 AM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Couldn’t you just say you are rebranding your program and will no longer be taking school aged kids? If you are licsenced you could say you are relicensing/restructuring. I know you said you didn’t want to give a reason but I feel with a long standing client sometimes it helps. They can’t really argue the point as their child’s age isn’t going to change.
Yup. Children have outgrown my care/need formal PREK/no longer taking SA care.
CityGarden 09:49 AM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
This was my thought too! I do not take SA kids so it would be easy for me to tell them that.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up