Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare To Blame Again...Vent
daycare 10:44 AM 04-20-2012
So I have been helping this family for months now. I have done everything short of offering FREE childcare. I have a big heart and I love that I can do this. BUT this will be my final and last time ever trying to help someone.

DCP are going through a very nasty divorce. Parents are always at it, DCD not complying with the DCM, not picking up kids when supposed to and etc. (you know all the drama) Well DCK age 4 all of a sudden starting wetting pants at DC.. it happened at home a few times, but often than not, the wetting was happening here mostly.

I have a discussion with the DCM about it and DCM tells me that the doc said that it is an attention thing. Which I had already told her that I believed this to be the case from the start. DCM goes on to say, well I think it is because you have too many kids (1 to 6 ratio) and you are not paying attention to him when he wants you.................................................

REALLY
OK i am done venting and trying to help anyone!!!
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:46 AM 04-20-2012
Huh yeah.

Time to say Buh Bye.
Lucy 10:51 AM 04-20-2012
She would have gotten the stink eye from me BIG TIME, and probably followed by something like, "Um..... don't blame this on me!"
CheekyChick 10:58 AM 04-20-2012
I guess it has nothing to do with YOU and his FATHER turning your son's life upside down. Argh!!!
daycare 11:04 AM 04-20-2012
yeah don't throw your guilt on me......You might feel better for putting you blame on me, but don't spit on the only person trying to help you..........
GretasLittleFriends 11:14 AM 04-20-2012
How did you resist from saying anything in response to her?????? How long has he been with you?

I would have said little Johnny has been fine here with Bobby, Jenny, Susie, Timmy and Sammy. His changes here have coincided with his family changes at home. If you really feel this way, maybe you should find someone who can provide 1:1 care for him. And knowing me, I may not have quite so polite or smiley about it.
cheerfuldom 12:31 PM 04-20-2012
I would have said "if that is the way you feel, you are welcome to give me a two weeks notice at any time and find a new, smaller daycare for him. My ratio is not changing due to your personal issues. Keep me updated on your decision. thanks"
daycare 01:24 PM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would have said "if that is the way you feel, you are welcome to give me a two weeks notice at any time and find a new, smaller daycare for him. My ratio is not changing due to your personal issues. Keep me updated on your decision. thanks"
today is the DCK last day, so I just bite my tongue a little...

I did say, did you ever stop to think that maybe the kid is letting their emotions out because this is where they feel safe? Left it at that and said see ya later....
MissK 02:11 PM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I did say, did you ever stop to think that maybe the kid is letting their emotions out because this is where they feel safe? Left it at that and said see ya later....
IMO...Perfect
Ariana 02:51 PM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
today is the DCK last day, so I just bite my tongue a little...

Love it!!!
DaisyMamma 03:20 PM 04-20-2012
Good for you.
Reply Up