Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time Change
Country Kids 06:21 AM 03-12-2012
Curious how everyone's little ones are doing with time change today? I so wish they would do it Friday night and give them at least a two day jump before the start of the week.

I don't have any here yet but I have a feeling that its going to be a long, long day. We can't go outside today because the weather is fierce today-high winds and lots of rain. So mad because we were just getting into the routine of going out twice a day. Suppose to be this way most of the week. Also, I have a sick one home today and don't want to leave them inside by themselves.
nannyde 06:28 AM 03-12-2012
No difference

They are all whacked from a weekend outdoors so it should be a very quiet day today. Time for some "go play toys" and long afternoon naps.
Country Kids 06:31 AM 03-12-2012
Our weather was yucky this weekend, so I'm sure they were inside. The weather just said we should have 45 mile an hour winds today with an inch of rain and suppose to be like this off and on all week-uuuuuggggghhhhh.
itlw8 06:32 AM 03-12-2012
Luckily my little ones re gone today Spring Break and parents are teachers. But I have school age on Spring break so it should not be too bad except my own grand kids.

I almost over slept it was dark outside.
GretasLittleFriends 06:37 AM 03-12-2012
I am not expecting much of a change with my kids. My own dd (23mo) is going to be my biggest challenge. She didn't nap long Saturday or yesterday, so today might be a bit more difficult. It has nothing to do with the time change, it's a result of a very eventful weekend.
Breezy 06:40 AM 03-12-2012
We don't do day light savings in Arizona so I am lucky it sounds!!
DBug 06:54 AM 03-12-2012
One family forgot until last night, so yeah, major tantrums already (it's not even 10am). The others are pretty good so far, but I have a feeling naptime is either going to go really well, or really, really badly .
AnythingsPossible 06:54 AM 03-12-2012
I wasn't looking forward to it, but so far they have all come in with great moods. I'm curious to see how they do later in the day. May need an early nap time today!!
SilverSabre25 06:57 AM 03-12-2012
Eh, they don't seem too concerned, although I suspect that I need to do naps closer to their "body time" rather than the clock time.
MrsB 07:00 AM 03-12-2012
No one seems to affected by it. Nap time will be the true test!
Country Kids 07:06 AM 03-12-2012
So are you planning on laying everyone down at regular naptime today like 12:30 or are you pushing it back an hour and doing it more around 1:00-1:30 when there body would be more set to take a nap.
MrsB 07:28 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
So are you planning on laying everyone down at regular naptime today like 12:30 or are you pushing it back an hour and doing it more around 1:00-1:30 when there body would be more set to take a nap.
I am keeping true with what the clock says. I am assuming they went to bed an hour earlier last night, got up an hour earlier, so they will go to nap an hour earlier.

Plus today it is going to be in the mid 70s and tomorrow 80 degrees! We need to take normal naps so we have more afternoon to play outside! Gonna have fingerpaint, moon sand, and water bead station outside today!
Meyou 07:30 AM 03-12-2012
My babies were sleepy when they got here this morning and both had to be woken up. But after a nap they seem totally normal. We're heading outside now for an hour, then lunch, then naps.
nannyde 10:01 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
No way

Only way to get them on the schedule is put them on the schedule.
MizzCheryl 10:15 AM 03-12-2012
My kids were really tired. I was really happy with how well they got along. Usually this is a hard day but all went well getting them to sleep. Just hope I can wake them up. I have one that would sleep all day if I didn't drag her off the cot. Then she sits and cries. LOL I make them get up so they will sleep at night.
wdmmom 10:22 AM 03-12-2012
Same schedule, same routine each and every day.

Time changes make no difference here.

The kids still come in groggy and wore out regardless of what Monday it is. No time change needed.
Country Kids 04:00 PM 03-12-2012
One of mine slept a little over 3 hours till parent woke up at pickup. Parents are fine with child sleeping a long time.

Another one is going on 3+ hours and I'm going to wake up here in a minute.

The others all slept normal nap times before waking up.
Reply Up