Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gassy Kids
Country Kids 01:38 PM 11-08-2012
Do any of you have gassy kids? I don't mean 1 or 2 but several!!!???

I have about 4 out of 6 and it just reeks in my house-

It constently smells poopy-

I'm getting frustrated to because they all think its sooooooo funny and then go around telling everyone they "farted" which I can't stand that word. Then its a big crack up session.

It just amazes me there are that many that are that way in my group-
spud912 01:50 PM 11-08-2012
I only have one, but the child can clear the room!
littlemissmuffet 02:00 PM 11-08-2012
I have one... I always have to go around checking dipes because she never admits to it.

Just wonder, why do you hate the word fart?
I don't like word like toot or fluff...
Country Kids 02:01 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I have one... I always have to go around checking dipes because she never admits to it.

Just wonder, why do you hate the word fart?
I don't like word like toot or fluff...
I guess I don't think you need to really say anything except excuse me. Maybe even whoops, excuse me for that.
daycare 02:03 PM 11-08-2012
sorry I hve to laugh... I just learned to take what I feel is beyond gross (farting) and turn it into a lesson.

We just got done learning teh F sound, words and what not. 3 of my kids can spell the word fart. Horrible, but I had to go where their interest was at...

my own child is very gassy and I hate it...I get very upset with him and tell him it;s not polite....
Country Kids 02:05 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
sorry I hve to laugh... I just learned to take what I feel is beyond gross (farting) and turn it into a lesson.

We just got done learning teh F sound, words and what not. 3 of my kids can spell the word fart. Horrible, but I had to go where their interest was at...

my own child is very gassy and I hate it...I get very upset with him and tell him it;s not polite....
Seriously daycare!!!! You are not helping-
daycare 02:10 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Seriously daycare!!!! You are not helping-
ok I am going to make it worse....so before my hubby became a doctor,. he worked for the fire department. He still has all of his old oxygen tank masks ( I don't know what they are called). So when the kids were spelling the F word...FART... I wore the mask.......
littlemissmuffet 02:11 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:

Um, farting is natural. I think teaching a child that it's gross or impolite is kind of ridiculous. I teach to excuse themselves and when possible to excuse themselves from the crowd... but seriously? If I lived with someone who got mad every time I farted I would hate it!
Country Kids 02:14 PM 11-08-2012
See it used to be very impolite to do this and I guess that is how I was raised. You excused yourself but kids today are not being raised with manners (the majority). Even burping is getting ridiculous with kids and its at the table and not done politely at all.

Yes, its a natural process but it doesn't have to be a public one.
daycare 02:17 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Um, farting is natural. I think teaching a child that it's gross or impolite is kind of ridiculous. I teach to excuse themselves and when possible to excuse themselves from the crowd... but seriously? If I lived with someone who got mad every time I farted I would hate it!
I did not discuss my sons gas issue in detail and it is NOT ok. Yes it is natural, but what he is doing is not acceptable in anyway shape or form. I am even too embarrassed to tell you what he does. I have an older son age 17 who acts 5 and instigates the whole thing. My 17 year old just got punished for teaching my 4 year old this bad habit.
Fruitloops1 06:00 PM 11-08-2012
I am trying to teach my group to say excuse me and MAYBE try to pass gas in the bathroom. They hardly make it to there but its worth a try. I have to keep reminding them to say excuse me when it happens. I have a drop in infant that has the worst smelliest gas ever!!! I always have to check him for a BM but there is none. It lingers and just sits in the air. Its the worst!!
Scout 07:22 PM 11-08-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Do any of you have gassy kids? I don't mean 1 or 2 but several!!!???

I have about 4 out of 6 and it just reeks in my house-

It constently smells poopy-

I'm getting frustrated to because they all think its sooooooo funny and then go around telling everyone they "farted" which I can't stand that word. Then its a big crack up session.

It just amazes me there are that many that are that way in my group-
I hate that word too. It is funny to hear my 4 yo son tell you he tooted !!
ABCDaycareMN 06:10 AM 11-09-2012
My own son is horrible to the point he would gross us out at the dinner table. I now make him get up and go to the bathroom if he has to pass gas. Yes it's natural but its polite to excuse yourself and do it where it should be.

Off topic.....

When I was younger I got an allowance. $20 every 2 weeks. My mom never allowed me to burp. I would loose $1 from my allowance constantly til there was no more money left. I finally learned not to burp. To this day I still cannot burp and I can't stand when others do. My husband used to be so bad and belch. That ended quickly. No need to put your voice in a burp to make it loud. That just disrespectful and not appropriate.
Brooksie 08:14 AM 11-09-2012
http://www.amazon.com/The-Gas-We-Pas.../dp/0916291529

Read this and talk about the polite way to pass their gas and what to say. Make a lesson plan out of it
Tags:gassy
Reply Up