Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Open or Close?

My contract states that I am closed on statutory holidays like the upcoming Good Friday (I only work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Last week I had to close for all 3 days because of illness, both myself and my daughter had strep and Flu B.

Would you remain open on Good Friday since you had just recently took a bunch of time off? I did not charge for the week I had to close so it was free for parents. They do pay for my stat holidays as per my contract. My husband is off and so are my kids and I would really like to have the day off but donít want to put my parents out since I closed last week.

Not sure what to do!
Old 03-23-2018, 10:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
My contract states that I am closed on statutory holidays like the upcoming Good Friday (I only work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Last week I had to close for all 3 days because of illness, both myself and my daughter had strep and Flu B.

Would you remain open on Good Friday since you had just recently took a bunch of time off? I did not charge for the week I had to close so it was free for parents. They do pay for my stat holidays as per my contract. My husband is off and so are my kids and I would really like to have the day off but donít want to put my parents out since I closed last week.

Not sure what to do!
Nope we had a bunch of snow and state of emergency and im still closing good Friday. I wouldn't but thats me. I am going on vacation so that is also a factor.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

If it's in your contract I would still close. Getting sick was outside of your control & I think you were right in not charging them for that week, but I don't think it should have any effect on good Friday.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would still close as this is a day you have off in your handbook. It could just open up a can of worms where they are requesting to bring kids on other days you were suppose to be off.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would close! Families already planned/prepped (I hope..) ahead of time for the day off.

Enjoy the day with your family!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
I would still close as this is a day you have off in your handbook. It could just open up a can of worms where they are requesting to bring kids on other days you were suppose to be off.
Totally agree! I can see it now, "since you were closed two days last week are you still off next week?" Um yeah.

I'm sure if they happened to be sick around a vacation time they would still take the vacation time without a thought.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:55 PM

close
Old 03-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Daycare.com Member

I just spent 2 weeks in the hospital in February and then had to go back for 3 days a couple weeks ago due to an allergic reaction to meds.

I'm still closing for Good Friday!
Old 03-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone
Sent the reminder that I will be closed
Old 03-23-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Absolutely was my thought too! I do normally try to make up sick days but even that is getting out of hand and I have had to put a stop to it. Give an inch and they take a mile!

Tags
closed days, closed for the holidays, good friday