Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Operated As A Group Home Yesterday......
crazydaycarelady 06:11 AM 08-22-2012
.....and
O.
M.
G.

It was such a crazy day!

I am licensed as a group home but I am rarely full. I usually have maybe 8-9 kids and I have my assistant here for just a few hours. Well, yesterday with teachers going back to school but kids not starting yet I had the full 12 kids plus my assistant.

It was mayhem and I was wiped out at the end of they day. Not only that but they ate so much! I plowed through a whole loaf of bread and a whole package of cheese making grilled cheese for lunch! Snack they went through a whole bunch of bananas, half gallon of milk and then nearly a whole package of cookies (2 each.)

Kudos to you that do it everyday....it was too much for me! LOL
DaisyMamma 06:14 AM 08-22-2012
It sounds crazy! But if you did it every day you would get used to it.
Crazy8 06:34 AM 08-22-2012
what a difference a few extra kids make, huh??? Sometimes I hate that our state limit is 5 kids, then I have all 5 for a few days and think I'd never be able to handle more than 5, LOL!!
daycarediva 07:30 AM 08-22-2012
hahaha! I feel your pain! I am not a group daycare, but I am at capacity/close to (7-8 depending on the day) plus my 4 kids are all home, it has been one CRAZY summer!
Blackcat31 09:30 AM 08-22-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
It sounds crazy! But if you did it every day you would get used to it.
This is soooo true! I have a full boat of 12 kids (and no assistant!)

You develop a good routine and some consistency and it all becomes easy peasy in no time!
Fruitloops1 01:48 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is soooo true! I have a full boat of 12 kids (and no assistant!)

You develop a good routine and some consistency and it all becomes easy peasy in no time!
12 ALL ON YOUR LONESOME?!!! What are your age ranges? I have a 2 yearold DCG and a 15month DCG and its tough. I wish I had a few more 2 year olds along with the mix. I think a few more a little bit older will even out some.
Blackcat31 02:13 PM 08-23-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
12 ALL ON YOUR LONESOME?!!! What are your age ranges? I have a 2 yearold DCG and a 15month DCG and its tough. I wish I had a few more 2 year olds along with the mix. I think a few more a little bit older will even out some.
DCB age 2 months
DCB age 13 months
DCB age 2
DCB age 2
DCB age 2 (siblings with 2 month old)
DCG age 2
DCB age 2
DCB age 3 (siblings with DCG age 2)
DCG age 4 (siblings with 13 month old)
DCG age 4
DCG age 5 (school age but didn't go)
DCB age 5 (school age but didn't go)

Yes, I actually have 12 kids all day, every day by myself

Yes, 5 of them are 2 year olds! LOL!! Three of them turned 2 over the summer and the other two will be 3 in the next 4 months.

I am also pretty heavy with boys right now too. That seems to go in phases. A couple of years a go, I had mostly girls but this year, I have 8 boys and only 4 girls so it should be very interesting to say the least....

A good number of my kiddos started with me as infants/toddlers. Some started out as part-time or drop-in and made their way to full timers as the spaces were available.

My DH does come in at about 11:00 and helps out with lunch. Then when I get everyone laying down for nap, he and I have lunch together. Then he heads back home as he works from home.
Reply Up