Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some More Scholastic Questions
Nickel 07:27 PM 10-09-2012
I got my catalogs in from scholastic and I want to order some books but I have a few questions...

How long is the "issue" valid? I just received Sept and Oct and I want to order books from both. How long can I do that and still receive the pricing, etc?

Can I order online as a parent and still get the $5 credit? Or do I have to order as the teacher? If I order as the parent do I still get the teacher perks?

Do I have to place all the orders at once, or can I place my order and then do a parents order (if they decide to order anything)

Do I have to pay for shipping and taxes?

Can I place multiple orders from different catalogs? Is that time consuming/difficult to do it that way?

Any other pointers would really help. I wanted to look over it tonight. There were some storia books I wanted to order as well and it would be nice just to do one order and be charged once then several smaller chargers. But I don't see an add to cart option for the ebooks...
sharlan 07:36 PM 10-09-2012
I can answer part of your questions as I just placed my first order.

I "think" you can go back one month.
You can order as a parent, but you won't get the "teacher" perks.
You can place your order and the parents can place their order online seperately.
Over $20 and you don't pay shipping. No tax is added.
Yes, you can place orders from different at the same time. I did.
I "think" the storia is done differently.
Nickel 07:56 PM 10-09-2012
Thank you! That really helped!!! Which is better? the parent book or teacher perks? Is it so many points per dollar or is each book worth a specific amt of points
daycare 08:00 PM 10-09-2012
Teacher perks by far. You tack points up which you can use to purchase books. When parents buy books you get points too

I just got about 78$ worth of books for FREE.
Nickel 08:04 PM 10-09-2012
wow! That's awesome!!! I'm about to order $45 of books just from me. Does that mean I get $10 off my NEXT purchase, or I can take $10 off the $45? And if I use the coupon do I get points on $45 or on $35. Did I just confuse myself? LOL!!! Thank you for explaining it to me. I got the firefly and the honeybee magazine. Do you give your infants order forms too? How old are they before you actually give them an order form? Or is it just everyone in care? THANK YOU AGAIN
DaycareMama 08:12 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
I got my catalogs in from scholastic and I want to order some books but I have a few questions...

How long is the "issue" valid? I just received Sept and Oct and I want to order books from both. How long can I do that and still receive the pricing, etc?
If you look on the teachers ordering page of each pack of flyers (the page that folds out at the end) the very last fold out page, there is a box just under where you tally all your orders, that will tell you how long each catalog is good for. Its just to the left of the Payment and delivery section.
Can I order online as a parent and still get the $5 credit? Or do I have to order as the teacher? If I order as the parent do I still get the teacher perks?

Do I have to place all the orders at once, or can I place my order and then do a parents order (if they decide to order anything)

Do I have to pay for shipping and taxes?

Can I place multiple orders from different catalogs? Is that time consuming/difficult to do it that way?

Any other pointers would really help. I wanted to look over it tonight. There were some storia books I wanted to order as well and it would be nice just to do one order and be charged once then several smaller chargers. But I don't see an add to cart option for the ebooks...
I couldn't figure out how to place an order as a teacher yet Or the difference between the 2 either. If you can't find the expiration dates let me know i will try and explain it a little better. But it seems most flyers are good for atleast a few months
DaycareMama 08:13 PM 10-09-2012
OHHHH i also saw a coupon online about 20 % off if you order before the 15th!!!! On Scholastics website
daycare 09:24 PM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
OHHHH i also saw a coupon online about 20 % off if you order before the 15th!!!! On Scholastics website
why dont I ever see those coupons my credit card is on file there and I spend about 50 bucks a month myself plus whatever daycare parents purchase for a total of at least $120.00.... where did you see that coupon???
satcook 07:37 AM 10-10-2012

How long is the "issue" valid? I just received Sept and Oct and I want to order books from both. How long can I do that and still receive the pricing, etc? - YOu can order from them for at least 5-6 months. As long as they are showing up on the teacher site, then you can order.

Can I order online as a parent and still get the $5 credit? Or do I have to order as the teacher? If I order as the parent do I still get the teacher perks?I order as both. I sign on the parent site and order some books for my daughter. I sign out and then sign on the teacher site to submit the order, and if my order is over $20 I can get some free picks. By doing this I will also get the $3.00 coupon good on my next order and a coupon for a free book as a parent ordering.

Do I have to place all the orders at once, or can I place my order and then do a parents order (if they decide to order anything) I just wait and place them all at once so I can ensure my order is over $20 for freebies and bonus points. Bigger orders get you bonus points on them!

Do I have to pay for shipping and taxes?As long as one parent has placed an online order, you do not have to pay shipping. Otherwise you have to order $20 worth. I have never had to pay taxes.

Can I place multiple orders from different catalogs? Is that time consuming/difficult to do it that way?no, it's really easy to do. And now all catalogs work together to get you freebies and bonus points.

I think that answers it all!
satcook 07:39 AM 10-10-2012
wow! That's awesome!!! I'm about to order $45 of books just from me. Does that mean I get $10 off my NEXT purchase, or I can take $10 off the $45? And if I use the coupon do I get points on $45 or on $35. Did I just confuse myself? LOL!!! Thank you for explaining it to me. I got the firefly and the honeybee magazine. Do you give your infants order forms too? How old are they before you actually give them an order form? Or is it just everyone in care? THANK YOU AGAIN
Give everyone an order form!! I had one mom who would show it to everyone at her work and ordered about a $100 every month. Also, remember some of those infant moms will want to start building a library for them. There is also a lot of board books in the honeybee catalog.

Lori
satcook 07:39 AM 10-10-2012
Is that on the book clubs site, or the scholastic site? There are 2 different sites.

Lori
Nickel 07:59 AM 10-10-2012
satcook- Do you have to create 2 accounts to do that as parent/teacher? Just the same name and info but a different log in? I will have to check it out, THANK YOU so much for answering all of my questions! That makes a lot more sense! I will create the parent account today and look at ordering the books.

I am also interrested in the 20% coupon. Any idea where it was? Or was there a code?
DaycareMama 09:21 AM 10-10-2012
http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10051

This is the link to where the coupon is. Its the first pop up of the 5 code is FALL20.

says use by oct 15, free shipping on orders over $25, and towards book orders.
MizzCheryl 09:39 AM 10-10-2012
If the parents order thru you do they make the checks out to you and then you place an order with your debit or credit card?
DaycareMama 09:43 AM 10-10-2012
I was told by costomer service the other night to have them make the check out to Scholastic (or they can use any name on the flyers) the lady explained to me that doing it this way makes it so that you are not responsible for any of the parents short comings on money.
MizzCheryl 09:54 AM 10-10-2012
I was told by costomer service the other night to have them make the check out to Scholastic (or they can use any name on the flyers) the lady explained to me that doing it this way makes it so that you are not responsible for any of the parents short comings on money.
So then do you mail in the order forms?
DaycareMama 10:01 AM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
honestly ... I don't know lol This is very new to me this week. Just doing my first order.
MizzCheryl 10:32 AM 10-10-2012
honestly ... I don't know lol This is very new to me this week. Just doing my first order.
Thanks
I actually just called them.
my log in isn't working yet.
I will share with you what she told me.
We can go ahead and place our order online and then make our payment by credit card if we wish. The she said we could mail in the checks that we have too. I guess I will place my first order by phone since my login is screwy as of yet. I hope once I place an order it will go smoother.
Thanks
Nickel 10:44 AM 10-10-2012
Yay! Thank you for the coupon info! I didn't even see that! I will be sure to add that to my order! And i will let my parents know too. Maybe they can order a book for school with their savings
Lyss 02:40 PM 10-10-2012
Originally Posted by Clueless:
I did mine online. Your parents can do them online as well, but I've heard (none of mine have done it this way yet) you need to log in and confirm them before they are shipped.

http://store.scholastic.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10051

This is the link to where the coupon is. Its the first pop up of the 5 code is FALL20.

says use by oct 15, free shipping on orders over $25, and towards book orders.
You can't use this for the book clubs, it's just on the main site which has a different selection of books.
Nickel 02:49 PM 10-10-2012
awww ok. thanks for letting us know
daycare 03:04 PM 10-10-2012
dont do either of those...you know that the parents can place the orders online super easy and pay right there with a debit/credit card

before they had that, I had all parents write the checks to me and then I would place the order and pay online with my card
Lyss 03:08 PM 10-10-2012
awww ok. thanks for letting us know
I was hoping it was for all but it said not vaild for book clubs when I tried
Nickel 04:54 PM 10-10-2012
Yay. I got a coupon on my catalog. Is it applied automatically when I check out?
Reply Up