Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Looking For A Provider In SC Or NC That Can Give Me Some Info..
DaycareMama 01:19 PM 02-24-2013
Im looking for anyone who lives in upstate SC or even NC that could share some insight about the cost of daycare in your area. Im looking to head south and really don't know where yet. Just trying to get an idea what doing daycare in those areas would bring in.
Michael 06:10 PM 02-24-2013
When I get back from NYC I will gather some members from that area and shoot them an email.
snbauser 07:36 PM 02-24-2013
I am in NC - just south of Charlotte. There is a huge range in the cost of care within a 15 mile radius here. If you head just 10 miles south of me care is about $30 less per week than what I charge and yet about 15 miles north of me it is about $30 more than I charge.
DayCareDiva30 06:08 AM 02-25-2013
I live in Eastern NC.... it all depends on where in the state you are...Charlotte and the triangle area charges way more than someone who may live near the coast. We are also on the Star Program, so the amount you can charge also depends on how many stars you have. If you go on the dcdee website (www.ncchildcare.net) you can find a list of the market rates for each county in the state.
snbauser 06:13 AM 02-25-2013
Originally Posted by DayCareDiva30:
I live in Eastern NC.... it all depends on where in the state you are...Charlotte and the triangle area charges way more than someone who may live near the coast. We are also on the Star Program, so the amount you can charge also depends on how many stars you have. If you go on the dcdee website (www.ncchildcare.net) you can find a list of the market rates for each county in the state.
Wow..those rates are 5 years old. Wonder if they will ever get around to updating them.
MizzCheryl 10:23 AM 02-25-2013
THis is a link to the child care market rates paid by DSS based on county and star rating. In NC all daycares that newly oped start with 1 star for the first 6 months then are reassessed. These are the monthly rates. DSS does not always pay full time rates. This depends on the parents working hours. MY DSS is notorious for trying to stick us with only 75% pay. Some homes charge more than these market rates, some less. Most providers I know have openings and have not been full in some time. All the centers have openings.
Hope this helps

http://ncchildcare.dhhs.state.nc.us/...ive_100107.pdf
DaycareMama 05:17 PM 02-25-2013
Thank you everyone. I am going to check the links now.

Michael that would be great thank you!

We are in the process of doing the star system here too. Not sure what I think about it yet.

New York just isn't for me anymore. I need a change bad.
Tags:cost of child care, north carolina, south carolina
Reply Up