Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle

Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle If you know something unconventional that works for you, share it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2020, 02:42 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,892
Default CBD for Anxiety?

Does anyone use it; does it work? Where's the best place to get it? My sister uses CBD gummies for sleeping and says they work pretty well but are very expensive($75. for 3 weeks worth). My dd has severe anxiety and I was thinking of getting her some?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2020, 10:22 AM
springv's Avatar
springv springv is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 465
Default

I sent you an email @Josiegirl
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-17-2020, 11:20 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,892
Default

Thanks, got it!! I'll check into it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2020, 02:50 PM
springv's Avatar
springv springv is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Alabama
Posts: 465
Default

Good deal
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2021, 08:21 AM
dolores's Avatar
dolores dolores is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Default

Might they want to look into medical marijuna if it is available in your state? It helps tremendously with anxiety, pain etc. A doctor would need to prescribe so it will be completely legal and maybe insurance would cover some of the cost...?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2021, 02:05 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores View Post
Might they want to look into medical marijuna if it is available in your state? It helps tremendously with anxiety, pain etc. A doctor would need to prescribe so it will be completely legal and maybe insurance would cover some of the cost...?
Weird timing. I was just talking with my dd last night about how her anxiety was going. She said her current meds. doctor is pretty much telling her she's tried everything she can think of and needs to rely more on therapy(which she is also doing). She was also recommended another dr. who does CBT but the guy doesn't take insurance and he costs 300 buck an hour. WHO can afford that??
Anyways, back to the marijuana topic......I asked her when her anxiety started and she said her freshman yr. of college, when she started smoking marijuana. It gave her all the feelings of what she has now. This is probably a dumb question but I assume medical marijuana might be different than recreational?

I will ask her about it but she may be apprehensive only because she associates it with the beginning of all this.

I just hope eventually she finds the right combination of everything to help her cope because she has a hard time in public places, especially by herself; just going grocery shopping can send her through the roof.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,712
Default

I think there is a difference in effectiveness and/or side effects etc between smoking marijuana (THC) and using CBD

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-18-2021, 01:24 PM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Weird timing. I was just talking with my dd last night about how her anxiety was going. She said her current meds. doctor is pretty much telling her she's tried everything she can think of and needs to rely more on therapy(which she is also doing). She was also recommended another dr. who does CBT but the guy doesn't take insurance and he costs 300 buck an hour. WHO can afford that??
Anyways, back to the marijuana topic......I asked her when her anxiety started and she said her freshman yr. of college, when she started smoking marijuana. It gave her all the feelings of what she has now. This is probably a dumb question but I assume medical marijuana might be different than recreational?

I will ask her about it but she may be apprehensive only because she associates it with the beginning of all this.

I just hope eventually she finds the right combination of everything to help her cope because she has a hard time in public places, especially by herself; just going grocery shopping can send her through the roof.

Thank you
There is a bit of a difference in streatghs or types but for some both thc and cbc can cause anxiety for some. It's like a lot of meds out there for some its helpful others it can trigger the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2021, 08:01 AM
CenterTeacher20's Avatar
CenterTeacher20 CenterTeacher20 is offline
Center Director
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 200
Default

I use CBD for anxiety and body pain. The only thing I look out for is making sure I'm using marijuana-derived CBD rather than hemp-derived CBD. Everything CBD you find outside of a dispensary will be hemp-derived, and doesn't really do anything. So best bet is a CBD tincture or something from a dispensary, if there are any in your area.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2021, 01:46 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I think there is a difference in effectiveness and/or side effects etc between smoking marijuana (THC) and using CBD

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-vs-thc
I know but Dolores was talking about medical marijuana and I'm not sure if that's as different from recreational or not. I do need to ask dd about CBD again because I forgot what she told me but I'm pretty sure she's never tried that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2021, 09:16 AM
dolores's Avatar
dolores dolores is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I know but Dolores was talking about medical marijuana and I'm not sure if that's as different from recreational or not. I do need to ask dd about CBD again because I forgot what she told me but I'm pretty sure she's never tried that.
Honestly, I canít speak to the difference between recreational and medical. I think it boils down to product quality and a personís susceptibility. As has been mentioned, it can work for one person and not the other. Unless you have a trustworthy source, recreational can be compromisedÖas in the cheap stuff you get at college and on the street. Iím assuming that medical must meet certain standards (?). And itís a plus that doctor prescribes and supervises use, and its legalÖdepending on where you are. It would be best to speak with a doctor about this.

I wish for you and your daughter that she finds something that works for her!

Disclaimer: my two cents that is worth waayyy less than that .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cannabis oil, cbd oil

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming