Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCK suddenly screams everyday at drop off.
Unregistered 05:58 AM 05-06-2013
I'm the OP of this thread https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...=Parents+angry.

Ever since the exchange where the mother screamed at me, DCG screams everyday at drop off. No matter what I have set out to do when she gets here, she screams at the top of her lungs until something (we never know what) snaps her out of it. DCM seems to be getting angrier by the day because of this behavior, and it seems I'm to blame for it?! I only have 5 weeks left but I feel so bad for this LO, she used to come and be so happy to be here. I think it has to do with her knowing her mom is going home to be with the new baby and she's being dropped at daycare. It only takes me a couple of minutes to get her calmed down most days but it makes for a very stressful drop off for DCG, DCM, and me. Any advice?
Starburst 07:36 AM 05-06-2013
It could be a lot of things. DCG could now have negative associations with drop off either because of the incident when DCM yelled at you or because DCM is still holding a grudge for those incidents and is giving off negative vibes that DCG is picking up on.

Another thing is it could be since there is a new baby in the house either she isn't getting enough sleep because the baby is crying at night or she is not getting attention because she is not the baby anymore.
Play Care 07:48 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
It could be a lot of things. DCG could now have negative associations with drop off either because of the incident when DCM yelled at you or because DCM is still holding a grudge for those incidents and is giving off negative vibes that DCG is picking up on.

Another thing is it could be since there is a new baby in the house either she isn't getting enough sleep because the baby is crying at night or she is not getting attention because she is not the baby anymore.

Honestly this is not working out. The child is probably picking up on all the bad vibes. I'd give them notice (two weeks) and give yourself a break.
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Honestly this is not working out. The child is probably picking up on all the bad vibes. I'd give them notice (two weeks) and give yourself a break.
I agree with Play Care....this is not working out. Doesn't mean you or the family is at fault, just means your program is not a good fit for the DCK.

I would term and allow your last few weeks to be happy and joyful verses stressful and frustrating.
DaisyMamma 08:21 AM 05-06-2013
I thought this family left without notice. You were asking about small claims for 4 weeks of pay. Did I miss something?
littlemissmuffet 11:53 AM 05-06-2013
Mom sounds like a real piece of work

I don't like how she yelled at you and told you it's not her job to handle her own child () - so I agree with those who suggest termining. It's only five weeks... but it's five weeks that this mom can do HER job, watching her own child, and maybe considering that just because you pay someone doesn't mean they'll always be there for you.

I'd have termed the moment she yelled at me. I don't put up with that kind of crap from anyone.
Unregistered 12:18 PM 05-06-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I thought this family left without notice. You were asking about small claims for 4 weeks of pay. Did I miss something?
I thought they did too. DCK went home sick with a fever on a Thursday and because of my 24 hours no fever rule she couldn't come the next day. I texted about payment, never received anything and then they showed up on Monday with check in hand (3 days late and no notice). I'm trying to stick it out with this family, they're going to 4 days soon and I only have 5 weeks left. I adore the little girl, I just wish I could help her readjust for the last few weeks. I

I agree that I should term them because of what happened, but I do need the money, just so I can save for my new baby.

It's just starting to feel like mom is blaming me for this behavior. She'll make little comments to her child about how she hates that she does this everyday when she comes here or she doesn't understand this behavior because she never does it at home, only here. UGH! 5 more weeks.
Tags:drop off - crying, drop off behavior, drop off issues
Reply Up